Friends

The One with the Dozen Lasagnas

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 12, 1995 on NBC

• Excellent

What a episode we have here, the part where Paulo gets dumped and Ross and Pheobe act like a jerk to him and monica too but then she gives him a Lasgne was really funny. Loved the bit where everyone finds out the sex of the baby in the coffee house.
  • Paolo cheats. Ross finds out the sex of the baby.

This episode was really great. Finally Paolo is out of the picture. I was jumping for joy when I saw this episode. I was as happy as Ross in the beginning. I loved to see Rachel throwing Paolo's clothes off the roof. Paolo was so messed up to Rachel. I liked how Phoebe broke the story to Rachel, with cookie & milk! Chandler & Joey buying a table together was a hilarious plot. And we got to see more of Monica's competitive side that recurred throughout the series. Chandler & Joey get a foosball table! And Ross is having a baby boy.
  • Awesome.

Everyone knows the sex of Ross's baby except for Ross, who doesn't want to find out until it's born. Rachel's relationship with Paulo hits a snag when he makes a pass at Phoebe. Monica makes a dozen lasagnas for her aunt, only to discover that her aunt doesn't eat meat. What can I say about this episode? Another awesome one. It's so funny. I love liek every line and scene from this episode it is that good. Oh and I love the bit where Ross starts talking to Paolo and then closes the door in his face, it is so funny.
  • Rachel: Oh my God. Why have I never tasted these before? Phoebe: Oh, I don't make them a lot, because I don't think it's fair to the other cookies.

• All Right

Really, not my favourite storyline. It didn't really stand out and was a bit bottom of the barrel. Paolo goes to Phoebe for a mssage and makes a pass at her. This freaks her out, she goes to Rachel telling her that she never lies to her friends an then explains that Paolo made a pass at her. Rachel forgives her, but dumps Paolo. Everybod knows the sex of Ross's baby except Ross, thanks to Monica wnting to know if she has a niece or nephew. Monica makes a dozen lasagnes for her aunt, only to discoer she doesn't eat meat
  • (The Odd Couple Theme Music)

This is my favorite episode from season one! Talk about charisma between the actors. What series do you know of that the cast doesn't say anything for like two whole minutes in the opening sequence but they can sing a song together, in the first season, on like the 12th episode! That is amazing and should have been a tip off that this series was going to be great. This episode has some of the best lines too. The writers outdid themselves on this one in my opinion. Chandler and Joey move to a new level in their friendship, Rachel shows a side of her that we hadn't seen until this moment. Phoebe is hilarious and her and Rachel become much closer. Ross tries to prove how much he loves Rachel but ends up falling short again making the audience want to tune in to see how far he has to go before she begins to notice. Awesome EP!
  • Rachel's Italian boyfriend Paolo hits on Phoebe in the massage parlor. (DVD Summary)

I love the opening scene in this episode. The gang did a great job of singing a song together without making it cheesy. Very funny. The idea of Monica being a caterer was finally introduced in this episode... but with a twist. When her own Aunt bails on her, she has twelve lasagnas she needs to give away. Also, a pivotal point occurs: Rachel's breakup with Paolo. Of course the writers ended the relationship with Paolo being a jerk by hitting on Phoebe. Now the audience is ready to pine for Ross and Rachel. It also helps to strengthen Rachel and Phoebe's new relationship.
  • It's a boy!

Carol finds out the sex of the baby but Ross doesn't want to know but some how everyone else finds out the sex of the baby. Ross doesn't want to find out until it's born. Rachel finally breaks up with Paulo after he makes a pass at Phoebe when she's massaging him. And though Monica hates him, she sends him off with one of the dozen lasagnes she made for her aunt, who doesn't want them anymore because they've got meat in them. Meanwhile, Chandler and Joey go shopping for a new kitchen table and come home with a Foosball table instead
  • very funny

Everyone knows the sex of Ross's baby is a boy except for Ross, who doesn't want to know until it's born.Paulo goes to get a massage from Phoebe but makes a pass at her so Pheebs tells Rachel and the two break up. And though Monica hates him, she gives him one of the dozen lasagnes she made for her aunt, who doesn't want them anymore because they've got meat in them. Joey and Chandlers table breaks so they go out shopping for a new one but cant decide so they come back with a foosball table. bring it on
  • A wikid episode!

Paola comes to Pheobe for a massage but thats not the only thing, he makes a pass at her! A very worried Pheobe contemplated was to do, whether to tell Rachel and risk their freindship or let her be with Paola. When she tell the rest of the group they are convinced she must tell Rachel especially and adament Ross who is there to pick up the peices after Paola and Rachel break up! The only thing is Rachel is off men much to his dissapointment! We also find out in this episode the the sex of Ross's baby is a boy!
  • An early example of the "guts" of the series.

Rachel learns of her boyfriend's escapades during a massage by Phoebe, Ross and his ex-wife interact because of the impending birth of their son, and Chandler and Joey acquire the foosball table.

This may be one of the most prototypical of all "Friends" episodes, all the characters have a role to play, all are interwoven, and the question of relationships is pivotal. Joey and Chandler play well as "an old married" couple as they fight over a replacement kitchen table, Phoebe becomes involved in Rachel and Ross's complicated "non-relationship" inadvertantly, as Rachel's boyfriend becomes aroused when she gives him a massage, and Ross struggles in an early episode to come to terms with his ex-wife's lesbian relationship and pregnancy.

There's nothing ground-breaking in this episode, its just very typical of the interconnectedness of the storylines of "Friends", and since that was the secret of this series' success, its interesting to see an early season 1 example of this.

Oh, and yeah, Joey and Chandler settle on a foosball table as their new kitchen table, and this table becomes one of the more important "props" for the show over the years. And Monica has many lasagnas to give away, to friends or "foes".
  • Yet another great episode of the whole Friends gang.

The whole gang has the knowledge of what gender Ross's still unborn son besides for Ross who wouldn't like to know until the baby is born. Rachel end her relationship thing with Paulo when he makes a pass at Phoebe. Even though Monica hates Paulo a ton she gives him one of the dozen lasagnes she is struck with because she made them for her aunt. The aunt turns them down because Monica put meat in the lasagnas. Chandler and Joey go out shopping for a new table and arrive home with not a real table but a Fooseball table.
  • Great / Episode / Maximum

Everyone knows the sex of Ross's baby (it's a boy), except for Ross, who doesn't want to find out until it's born. Rachel's relationship with Paulo ends after he makes a pass at Phoebe. And though Monica hates him, she sends him off with one of the dozen lasagnes she made for her aunt, who doesn't want them anymore because they've got meat in them. Meanwhile, Chandler and Joey go shopping for a new kitchen table and come home with a Foosball table instead.

This episode shows us just a little bit about how insecure Ross is now after Carol left him a few months ago.
  • Monica makes a dozen lasagnas that she then has to figure out what to do with them. Paolo makes a pass a Phoebe and then Phoebe is forced to tell Rachel. Of course, Ross is eager for her to tell Rachel. Paolo and Rachel break up.

This was a good episode, but one thing is out of character, if Phoebe is supposed to be a vegetarian, why is she eating the lasagna with Rachel? Not a big fan of Paolo, but Im glad he was cut out. It sucks that Ross had to find out from Rachel that he was having a boy, he should of just asked or Carol should of kept it a secret til at least Ross found out. This episode does show how friends could be there for one another and help eachother through the hard times. It was a good episode though.
  • The infamous foosball table makes its way into Chandler & Joey's apartment after their dining table collapses. Meanwhile, Paolo makes an appointment to have a massage with Phoebe and unsettles her when he makes a pass at her.

This is an episode that showcases the wonderful script-writing, acting, directing, and producing of this show. While it might not be the most cleverly plotted of episodes, it certainly is a great episode to watch. Especially for all Anti-Paolo fans out there. Phoebe informs Rachel that her Italian boyfriend hit on her at her work, upsetting Rachel. She breaks it off with him, much to the delight of Ross, who uses this time as his 'move' to get in close with Rachel. But when he goes to speak with her, she tells him she is temporarily swearing off men, freaking Ross out.
  • Carol discovers the sex of the baby, Rachel dumps Paulo for hitting on Phoebe while she was giving him a massage, Monica make 12 lasagnas for her aunt and ends up keeping them cos they're not vegetarian, Chandler and Joey replace their kitchen table with

Hi
    Although this is the review section for the episode I have a question about this episode not critisism.

in the beginning of the episode the group is sittin in Central Perk and Ross starts humming a certain tune. then they all join him through that piece and then the theme starts.

my question is what is the name of that tune they\'re humming ?
    it\'s probably a theme from some TV show but that speculation.

I\'d really aprecciate it if anyone who owns the DVD (I can\'t imagine someone yould remember the tune) would Identify the tune and post it\'s name here.

also if anyone could tell me where I can post questions like these I\'d really aprecciate it.

thanx,