Friends

The One with the Engagement Picture

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 02, 2000 on NBC

• This is probably my least favorite (non-clip show) episode of the season, and it seems like people agree.

It's weird how just one stupid storyline can ruin the episode and this one storyline was that Chandler cannot smile on camera. It's just weird and ackward and unfunny to see Matthew Perry make faces when we all know he has a perfectly great smile in real life. I do like the line: Photographer: "I'm sorry is the seat uncomfortable." And Chandler answers, "No, I am."

Aside from that, I believe the other storylines were decent. The Rachel wanting Joey to take Tag out in town wasn't bad, but wasn't all too funny either. We do get to see Tag practicing the "How you doin'" on a coworker.

But I actually really do like the Phoebe and Ross dating the members of a divorcing couple. Ross against Phoebe is quite hysterical, producing many great lines. But the great climax is the part where Phoebe and Ross feels rejected when the couple decide to get back together is laugh-out-loud funny. This storyline would have been so much better served if it wasn't masked by the horrible storyline of Chandler not being able to smile.

So, unfortunate how those things play out. And if I haven't mentioned it again, I think Courteney Cox looks her best this season (because she actually seems to have meat on her skeleton).