Friends

The One with the Evil Orthodontist

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 06, 1995 on NBC

• "Ugly Naked Guy got gravity boots!"

Rachel goes to tell Barry to leave her alone not only because she does not want to be with him but because he is engaged to Mindy. Instead of telling him to go away they end up having sex in is chair. Rachel gets a call from Mindy asking to meet with her the next day. She's afrid that Mindy knows about her and Barry. Mindy asks rachel to be her maid of honor. They find out that Barry has been sleeping with both of them even when Rachel was supposed to be marrying Barry. Rachel and Mindy confront Barry about it but Mindy decides to still marry him.
  • very good episode!

Rachel starts to date Mr Potato head, Barry, the guy she left at the altar - but things get awkward because he is still engaged to her ex - best friend Mindy - who incidentally asked her to be her maid of honour! Things get worse when Rachel finds out that Mindy and Barry were having an affair while she was engaged!

She tells Mindy the truth about her and Barry and they both go to confront Barry - who is left in a precarious position. In the end he claims that his always loved Mindy and she goes back to him!
  • Awesome.

Rachel and Barry start dating again, which is kind of awkward because he's now engaged to Mindy, who wants Rachel to be her maid of honor. But when Rachel finds out that Mindy and Barry had an affair while she was engaged to Barry, the two women decide to call Barry out on it. Meanwhile, Chandler goes nuts when a woman he likes won't return his phone calls and the gang become annoyed at discovering that a person in Ugly Naked Guy's building is spying on them with a telescope. This is where Chandler makes the classic joke about the leaf blower. I love the start of this episde. OOh how I would love to live in New York with a group of cool friends - it's perfect. Another awesome episode - however I'm not really a fan of Barry, he annoys me. Best quotes -Joey: Rachel: "Get Down!"..."Get Down?" ..... Chandler: "And Boogie". Chandler is one of the biggest legends of TV.
  • ...

A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant! A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant! A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant!
  • Another great installment

Rachel and Barry once again are dating which is very strange because Barry is now engaged to Mindy who is Rachel's best friend or at least use to be. Mindy wants Rachel to be her maid of honour at Barry and Mindy's wedding. Rachel is crushed when she finally finds out that Mindy and Barry were seeing each other while Rachel was engaged to Barry, the two women both decide to give Barry what he deserves. While the wedding is happening Chandler is devastated when a woman won't return his phone calls. So go watch it now because it is so amazing.
  • Barry's Back

We watch Rachel realise some serious things about her life and see that this may be a real turning point for her.
  • Ok

The one with the evil orthodontist is alright by Friends standards. Rachel goes to see Barry about marrying her maid of honour and ends up having an affair with him. She then finds out about him having an affair with Mindy when she was his fiance. She confides in Mindy about her affair and the two angry women go to confront Barry. They decide to mke him choose, and he chooses Mindy over Rachel ultimately. Monica: (Looking out the window) Look look! He's doing it again, the guy with the telescope!
    Phoebe: Oh, my God! Go away! (Waving her arms) Stop looking in here!
    Monica: Great, now he's waving back.
    Joey: Man, we gotta do something about that guy. This morning, I caught him looking into our apartment. It creeps me out! I feel like I can't do stuff!
    Monica: What kinda stuff...?
  • very funny as usual

• Rachel is "the other woman."

I really didn't like how Rachel gets back with Barry, it was like a waste of time, since Rachel left him at the altar. Memorable quotes such as "We can go to Aruba, Mindy" - Barry "What's with you and Aruba? Do you have some sort of deal with airlines or something?" -Rachel. That made me laugh so hard. Chandler's plot, he is waiting for a girl to call him back, and by the end he doesn't want to date her. Whole thing was a filler since Mindy still ends up with Barry, and Rachel stays being maid of honor. So an okay episode.
  • OK

Rachel and Barry start dating again, which is kind of awkward because he's now engaged to Mindy, who wants Rachel to be her maid of honour. But when Rachel finds out that Mindy and Barry had an affair while she was engaged to Barry, the two women decide to give Barry what for. Meanwhile, Chandler goes nuts when a woman he likes won't return his phone calls. My least favourite eppisode of the series sadly came during the fisrt season mainly because I hate Barry every episode he is in he isnt funny. Sadly I give this a low of 7.5
  • Barry & Rachel have an affair while he is engaged to her maid of honor Mindy, much to the chagrin of her friends. Meanwhile Chandler is eagerly waiting for his date to call him back.

5.5
    This episode was boring. I found it very irritating. It was like all this progress had been made, especially on Rachel's character, and they bring back Barry who she decides to sleep with, knowing he is engaged to her former maid of honor? That is not a likeable quality in a character of a sitcom. Especially when she used to refer to Barry as "Mr Potato Head". So why would she sleep with him, knowing he is cheating on his fiance? And Chandler's story line was just as bad. He waits around the phone continuously for his date to call him back. But when she finally gets a hold of him, he loses all interest in her? Sorry, this was a very bad episode.