Friends

The One with the Flashback

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 31, 1996 on NBC

• "Ten bucks says, I never see that woman again in my life." - Monica

Just another day at Central Perk and Janice wonders how many of the friends have almost slept together. The Friends get very awkward as we flashback to three years earlier.
    Ross was still married to Carol but they we're having problems. Monica and Phoebe still lived together but Monica was driving Phoebe crazy, Chandler was looking for a roommate and Rachel was still engaged to Barry.
    Turns out that in 1993 Central Perk was a bar where they use to hang out. Rachel and her screaming friends go there for a drink and she runs into Monica and Chandler, who makes himself look really stupid. I love it when Monica says 'ten bucks says I'm never gonna see that woman again in my life'. I guess that's ten bucks she lost.
    Chandler is interviewing roommates and becomes friends with a photographer, but thanks to Mr. Heckles Joey becomes his new roommate.
    Ross and Carol are having problems so Ross suggest she has a girls night out. Carol finds out she's a lesbian and Ross and Phoebe almost have sex on the pooltable wich is a suprise because they both have a very differant look on things.
    Monica invites Joey over for a drink which he thinks means Let's have sex. Well that's our Joey. Chandler and Joey bond over watching Baywatch which is the beginning of a beautiful friendship
    Phoebe decides to live with her grandmother because Monica's obsessive behavior drives her crazy. Monica starts to wonder why she doesn't have a boyfriend and there is a little hint of a Chandler Monica relationship as they share a hug.
    Rachel ends up having this weird fantasie about Chandler and a pooltable. I guess you really don't want to get married if you have those kind of fantasies.
    So that's basically how our gang was in 1993.