Friends

The One with the Halloween Party

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 01, 2001 on NBC

I have to say Lisa Kudrow stole the show here. Playing Phoebe and the opposite of Phoebe, Ursula, is something that she pulled off brilliantly. The plot was interesting. Phoebe falling in love with Ursula's finace, Eric. It's even harder when Phoebe finds out that Ursula has been lying to Eric.

Phoebe: She is lying! And I bet I can prove it. Excuse me. (She grabs Ursula's purse and starts going through it and finds some papers.) Okay. Okay. Yeah-Not a prayer chain, but what looks like a detailed drawing of a bank floor plan. (Holds up her nametag.) I could not stop laughing at that line. There was definitely a lot more memorable moments, probably too much to mention. Rachel trying to be nice to the kids was funny. Chandler vs. Ross at arm wrestling was absolutely hilarious. Joey fit in perfectly, and Mona felt out of place. I just don't see her as Ross's girlfriend. I just see her as some random date or hookup, I just have trouble getting used to her probably because there's noting strange or quirky about her. She's just plain jane. All the costumes were also hilarious, and I have to say, this is a great Halloween special. It still manages to be eventful as well with Phoebe & Eric. Hilarious episode.