Friends

The One with the Ick Factor

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 04, 1995 on NBC

• 'Oh im a senior'.

Have to say that i'm a little surprised this episode has such a low rating. I expected it to be over 9 but then again my opinion. The episode is a little risgue but that's what made it funny. Monica is dating a senior in 'college' haha turns out after they sleep together that he really is a senior in high school. Courteney Cox did the scene beautifully. 'You shouldn't even be here it a school night'. The other plot line included phoebe and chandler working together which doesn't turn out all that great for him because Phoebe tells him that most of his workers don't like him.
    I thought it was funny that they 'do' him. 'Could that report be any later'
    Ross was the funniest
    'The hills are alive with the sound....of music'. David Schwimmer was literally laughing. Great stuff
    Rachel's dream provided Comic relief throughout the episode. 'You know sometimes it wasn't even me' Joey and Chandler guy on guy action. Their facial expression said it all and then phoebe leans over and says 'OH You guys!!!'
    My fav episode of the first season.
  • One of the best episodes of the first season

This episode is definitely one of the best of the first season. For it is absolutely hilarious, and definitely not a place they would have been able to go if it wasn't in this first season. With Chandler and Phoebe at Chandler's work and none of Chandlers coworkers liking him it makes it even funnier when Phoebe, Ross and Joey make jokes about how Chandler says certain phrases. When Monica and Ethan find out the truth about each other it is priceless. I love the fact that Ross was so uncomfortable about Rachel's dream until they included him as well. This is definitely an episode that can't be missed of the first season.
  • "Oh god, I just had sex with somebody that wasn't alive during the Bicentennial."

Monica starts dating a younger man. She tells him she's young than she really is so he'll date her. After losing his virginity to her, Young Ethan reveals to her that he's not a senior in college and that he's a senior in high school.

Rachel has dreams about having sex with Joey and Chandler, making Ross both disgusted and envious. And when Phoebe works as a temp at chandler's office as his secretary. She finds out that no one at work likes him anymore and when he find out he trys to become thier friends but they still consider him "Boss man Bing!"
  • funny episode!

The review for this episode is:

I really like it because you see more Ross and Rachel interaction and finaly she has a dream about him which he is ecstatic about but her first dream involving Joey AND Chandler is what made the whole thing so much more hilarious! lol! ha ha !
  • Awesome.

After losing his virginity to her, Monica's boyfriend Ethan reveals that he's a high school senior, not a college senior. Rachel has erotic dreams about Joey and Chandler, making Ross both disgusted and envious. And when Phoebe temps as Chandler's secretary, she finds out that no one at work likes him anymore. I love Friends - I have always wanted to be apart of it all - I love it, one of the all time greats! Anyway, I love the start of this episode. There is some funny scenes in this episode too - especially with Chandler and Phoebe. Ross's ex - wife, Carol, is have her baby.
  • Another great episode of the first season - very well written

This one is another favorite, especially the sequence in the coffee house with Phoebe, Ross and Joey poking fun at Chandler and his quirks. "Could that report BE any later?".... "The hills are alive with the sound.............OF music..." LOL :) It's great to see the Friends doing this to Chandler as he does it a lot to everyone else - as he says later in the series, "you know I can only dish it out!" The part with Monica and Ethan are good as well, especially when Monica calls herself Joan Collins. LOL (and of course, Ethan says "Who?")

Alexa Junge is such a great writer as well - each of the episodes that she has written are all really funny, especially TOW Everyone Finds Out in season 5. Her shows are really memorable.
  • Great

This episodes another great one from Friends. The main people in it are Monica and Phoebe. After losing his virginity to her, Monica's boyfriend Young Ethan reveals that he's a high school senior. Rachel has erotic dreams about Joey and Chandler, making Ross both disgusted and envious. And when Phoebe temps as Chandler's secretary, she finds out that no one at work likes him anymore. I liked Monica's storyline the best - it was so funny. Also though, Phoebe's storyline was pretty good. There's some great quotes in this episode. Joey: What the hell does a paleontologist need a beeper for?
    Monica: Is it, like, for dinosaur emergencies? "Help! Come quick, they're still extinct!"
  • Monica? Pedophile?

Well Monica dates a senior... in high school, a definitely unexpected plot. Monica is technically a pedophile. There relationship could of worked if he was a couple years older. Rachel having sex dreams was hilarious. Ross wanting to be in them. I like how she dreamed some gay action between Joey/Chandler. That was very funny. The fact that this had a huge clffhanger made this episode way more awesome. Carol is going to give birth in the next episode! Rachel & Ross were about to kiss! Then Ross' beeper goes off. Phoebe temporarily working with Chandler was a great plot. No one likes Chandler, they redid this plot I think with Ross & the apartment in the later seasons. But still amazing episode.
  • good

After losing his virginity to her, Monica's boyfriend Young Ethan reveals that he's a high school senior. Rachel has erotic dreams about Joey and Chandler, making Ross both disgusted and envious. And when Phoebe temps as Chandler's secretary, she finds out that no one at work likes him anymore. This is much better after those two poor episodes, liked the Dream parts they where funny and the part where Ross is happy about being in the dream also like the way the baby finally came and that it continued into the next episode. I give this on e a 8.5 out of 10
  • This episode has Monica having sex with a high school senior, who lied about his age, telling her he was a college senior. Rachel has sex dreams about each of the three men. And Ross finally gets the call he has been waiting for: Carol's in labor.

7.7
    In my opinion, this episode was 20 minutes of pure filler fluff. They were just a means to an end. And that end was to get to the point where Ross finally gets the call that Carol, his ex-wife, is in labor and he will become a real father. That moment of his realization is pure zen, especially when he jumps up on the coffee table, hops over the couch but falls flat on his face. That is great. Unfortunately that is only 2% of the episode. The rest is kind of average. Monica dates a younger guy, only she doesn't realize how young he is until they have sex. Very cliche. Chandler is mad that since he became boss, no one at his work likes him anymore. But in truth, didn't they always not like him? Even before his promotion? And Rachel has sex dreams involving each of the 3 guys.
  • funny but not great

6.6
    After losing his virginity to her, Monica's boyfriend Young Ethan reveals that he's a high school senior which freaks monica out having known she has just broken the law and its ickky. Rachel has erotic dreams about Joey and Chandler, making Ross both disgusted and envious. And when Phoebe temps as Chandler's secretary, she finds out that no one at work likes him anymore but chandler gets his own back. Carol goes into labour
  • Not A Nice Thought.

I personally do not like this episode, I find the concept behind it rather unpleasent.