Friends

The One with the Jellyfish

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 25, 1997 on NBC

• "Does it?"

Ross is so stupid in the season 4 premiere, although Ross & Rachel's breakup opens a lot of plots. Ross was really stupid. He should of just left the letter as it was. He had to ruin it all. By those words. "We were on a break?!" That was pretty funny, I have to say. Phoebe, after realizing that was her real mom, she's mad at he about the reconciles when she realizes they have a lot in common. IN the next episodes, I think Terri should of gotten more airtime. Bonnie is finally out. The jellyfish storyline was hilarious! Great season opener?
  • Ross chooses between Rachel and his bald-headed girlfriend Bonnie.

This episode is so amazing. Rachel convincing Bonnie to shave her head was hilarious. I loved the fight between Ross and Rachel at the end of the episode. It was hilarious when Rachel said that Ross wouldn't be able to sleep at night because of what he is doing, and he replied that he doesn't have to worry about sleep, that he has her letter. I cannot believe Chandler did number one on Monica's jellyfish sting. This episode was very well written by some very creative and talented writers. I loved this episode. This episode, among many others, is a series classic.
  • "Ewwww!! You peed on yourself?!" - Ross

I really love this episode. It started out that we where wondering who ross was gonna choose. Rachel or Bonny. I´m happy he choose rachel (bonny was so annoying). But first he had to read a letter of 18 pages (front and back!). I kinda get it that he falls asleep that´s probally what i would of done that early. But I still think rachel was right over the we where on a break thing. But who cares I love ross anyway.

Also the entire jellyfish incident was funny. Especially the way that chandler tells the story to rachel, phoebe and ross. I learned from this episode that i should avoid jellyfish because i really don´t want my best friend to pee on me. Yeah I don´t think that going to the beach is ever gonna be the same for them.

The sweet part was that phoebe met her real mother and could forgive her for what she has done. And I think that was good because phoebe sr and phoebe jr. look a little like each other. To bad that she´s only in one episode more. Because i liked her.
  • "That's right, I stepped up! She's my friend and she needed help. If I had to, I'd pee on anyone of you."-Joey

Monica is stung by a jellyfish and asks Joey and Chandler to help her. Ross and Rachel almost get back together. Well I think every single episode is brilliant in the forth season of Friends its my favourite season because of this and because it was the year I began to watch this show, I loved this year because of that, well back to the episode and this is probably my favourite series premier if friends, I love the ending where Chandler, Joey and Monica reveal what happened at the beach, it was great, very funny stuff which I will never forget.
  • friends

I would be so embarrassed if someone had to urinate on my leg. But i probably would let it happen if i was in that situation. I can't believe that Phoebes real mom is actuallyy alive. The whole Ross and Rachel thing, where do I start. A great episode though.
  • a good answer to the cliffhangers.

after the previous episode, ross chooses between his bald girlfriend and rachael. in the end he chooses rachael but he has to read a 22 page letter exlaining her feelings and must agree to it, he falls asleep and agrees to it. pheobe tries todeal with her mothers friend is actually her biological mother. and monica gets stung at the beach propmpting chandler to pee on her to relieve he pain. because joey cant do it, as he was nervous. and in the end all the friends find out and ross and rachael break up once again. lol ha ha.
  • Ross chooses between Rachel and his bald-headed girlfriend Bonnie.

• This is the episode about the Jellyfish :) !!

This episode is where Joey goes to the beach withe the group and there like alot of drama and after all the drama and they go back to New York some one spill the beans . They say something happened but never what . Later on in the show Ross and and Rachel and all well as the others that weren't involved want to know what happaned . And they keep on asking untill they admit that Monica is stung by a jelly fish and she had heard tha if you pee on it it heals faster and so she couldn't pee on herself so she gets one of the two guys that where withc her which where Joey and Chandler to pee on her . And it ended up being Chandler to pee on her . :) ! !
  • Hahahaha...I'm laughing just thinking about it.

You don't know! You weren't there!
    Dude, I'd never be able to let a friend pee on me.

Chandler: Joey kept screaming at me, 'Do it now! Do it!! Do it! Do it now!!' Sometimes late at night I can still here the screaming.
    Joey: That's 'cause sometimes I just do it through my wall to freak you out

Monica: Damn the jellyfish! Damn all the jellyfish!
  • A very funny start to season 4 of Friends, continuing on from last season's 2 part final, this opening episode brings the famous couple Ross & Rachel back together and sees Monica get peed on (yes you did read that write - she did get peed on!) Great ep
    What a brilliant start to the 4th season of Friends! A very funny episode that sums up to me why I watch this series - funny storyline, hapless romance & something very embarrasing happening to someone!

When at the beach Phoebe finds out that her mother's best friend is actually her birth mom and vows never to see her again (she is pretty angry you see!). Ross goes in to break up with a now bald Bonnie and gets back together with Rachel. However as Ross took such a long time breaking up with Bonnie, Rachel writes an 18 page "essay" (front & back I might add!) about why Ross broke up with her last time. Before those two can get back together he has to read it all. Unfortunatly he falls asleep and doesnt read the part about him taking full resposibility for their last break-up. He says that he does unaware of what he is agreeing to. While down at the beach Joey digs a big hole and Monica gets stung with Jellyfish causing Chandler to have to pee on her.

This is a great episode, especially the later scene in which Ross, Rachel & Phoebe find out about what happened on the beach between the other three. Even though Ross & Rachel break up again at the end it is pretty hilarious how they do it, with Chandler waiting behind the kitchen door!

Anyone who calls themselves a "Friends" fan has to see this episode or they are, quite frankly, not a true "Friends" fan! Another great episode in a great series!

• Ross and Rachel are back together after Ross "reads" Rachel's letter and accepts responsibility for their breakup. Phoebe is dealing with learning who her birth mom really is and Joey, Monica, and Chandler are hiding an incident that happened on the beach

I have seen this episode so many times and it makes me laugh every time. The comedy climaxes when Ross finally loses his cool and tells Rachel exactly what he thinks of her idea that he is responsible for the breakup and the letter she wrote. "Don't worry about me losing sleep. I still have your letter!!!!" Monica, Chandler and Joey grappling with having to use urine to cure Monica's jellyfish sting is a silly but effective B-plot. Teri Garr is delightful as Phoebe's birth mother and watching them find their commonalities is great fun. This is one to watch again and again.
  • This was one of the superior episodes of the show for sure, but I won't write about how well-written, how funny or how entertaining the episode was. I'd just like to share my personal opinion about a missed out point in the episode.

I guess this was a key episode concerning the future relationship and marriage of the Chandler and Monica couple (a.k.a. the Bings :)). Scenes where Chandler knocking on the door and Monica rejecting him all the time was a good example of foreshadowing. Of all the six people in the show, Chandler and Monica where the most irrelevant couple (if you don't count Ross and Monica which happen to be siblings.) At least, that's what I think...
  • Rachel makes an unreasonable request and Ross finally stands up to her about it.

This is just another example of how Rachel really just made me sick. I could go down the list on how ridiculous all of this is...she breaks up with him, cries murder when he gets with someone else, treats him like dirt, decides she likes him again, trips out when he dates someone else and then convinces her to shave her head, then he breaks up with the other girl and she writes some ridiculously long letter and expects him to read it right then and agree to take all the blame for everything that went wrong in their relationship, as if she had no part in it whatsoever. I just really couldn't stand her character during these couple of seasons.
  • This episode really shows how they each deal with different situations

This episode really shows how Pheobe turns her back on her mother after finding out after 29 years that who she thought was her mother wasn't. I think that they should have made her find out earlier since then they might have a chance later on to put her in a few more episodes. When Monica gets stung it is funny and different that Joey was the one who knew what to do and actually remembered something from a show that he watched. Ross and Rachel's relationship went down hill fast in that episode thanks to the letter that Rachel wrote which was a good idea unless its 5:30am. All in all this episode is really informative because it tells you alot of stuff.