Friends

The One with the Lesbian Wedding

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 18, 1996 on NBC

• inspiring

I feel that this epsiode was very inspiring. In this episode ross battles with the fact that his ex wifer whom he loved so much is marrying another women. AZnd in the beginning of the show dcidnt even want to go. But when carol ws going to call of the wedding do to her parents not accpeting her sexuality he pulls through purs his feeling asided and convinces her to go through with the wedding. this episode shows courage and strength and that even though u love somebody sometimes u just have to let go.
  • "Butterstoch? No? You'll be sorry later."

This was a funny episode to see Ross's reaction when Carol and Susan told Ross they were getting married. Carol asks Monica to do the catering after their caterer gets in an accendent. Ross has to be convenced to go to the wedding and he ends up giving Carol away at the wedding. Rachel's mom comes to visit her and tells her that she's leaving her father and that she wants to be like her. She describes her situation as "you didn't marry your Barry sweet but i did"

Phoebe thinks a massage patient's spirit with in her when she past away on the table.
  • Good.

Ross's ex and her lesbian lover tie the knot, providing Monica with a job: catering the wedding. Phoebe is possessed by the spirit of an eighty-two year old massage client who dies in the middle of a session. Mrs. Adelman cannot depart until she's "seen everything" (needless to say, her spirit departs after the lesbian wedding). And Rachel's mom comes to visit and drops a bombshell: she's getting divorced from Rachel's dad.
  • Good

Ross's ex and her lesbian lover tie the knot, providing Monica with a job: catering the wedding. Phoebe is possessed by the spirit of an eighty-two year old massage client who dies in the middle of a session. Rachel's mom comes to visit and drops a bombshell. Phoebe was good here she was funny and wierd in this episode but what else is new, It was a biy creepy that a old woman died while she was massage by phoebe that would be wierd. Ross at the wedding was funny. Overall tjhis was a good episode I give it a 9 out of 10.
  • chandler is so funny

Ross's ex and her lesbian lover tie the knot, providing Monica with a job: catering the wedding although it nearly doesnt go according to plan. Phoebe is possessed by the spirit of an eighty-two year old massage client who dies in the middle of a session and it turns out her dying wish was to see every thing.(needless to say, her spirit departs after the lesbian wedding). And Rachel's mom comes to visit and drops a bombshell: she's getting divorced from Rachel's dad.
  • Ross's ex-wife is marrying her girlfriend, which provides a job for Monica. Phoebe finds herself possessed by an dead client, and Rachel's mom drops by and reveals a big secret.

This is one if the first American network television series to feature a same-sex marriage. New York City gay couples had no legal rights, when this episode aired, and many politicians, in both major parties, were rushing to support Federal and State so-called, 'Defense of Marriage' laws.

This episode largely ignores the contentious, anti-gay political climate that existed and simply treats this as any other marriage. For the most part, the lesbian couple was well handled in the series, although they were restricted to a handful of guest starring roles, which did not leave much room for in-depth character development and personal displays of affection were, apparently, still taboo for network television.

Beyond the wedding, we have some funny moments with Phoebe being possessed by an elderly client, who died on her table. I was never a huge fan of Rachel's mom but it is an interesting little bombshell to drop on your daughter.
  • Carol & Susan get married.

Carol & Susan finally seal the deal! A spirit posessing Phoebe was VERY unrealistiv. So thats why I wasn't crazy about that plot. I guess it wasn't "Friends" material in my opinion. Monica getting crazy over catering, that I could see. Rachel's memorable quote towards Monica: "I think you said 'Don't touch that and get the hell out of my kitchen'" It was very enjoyable. Rachel has to suffer from her parents' divorce. Rachel's mom was kind of mean to her toward the end of the epsiode. I ;ike how Ross finally accepted that Carol & Susan were together. He danced with Susan! A great wedding episode.