Friends

The One with the List

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 16, 1995 on NBC

• The List

7.8
    No, no, no. No! Oh man I do not know what Ross was thinking in this episode. I mean I understand why he found it so difficult picking between Julie and Rachael but still. I mean on one hand Julie was this great girlfriend and they were kind of moving along in their relationship where as Rachael was sort of this idealized long time crush of his, so yet again I say I get why he had such a hard time picking between them. But to actually write out a list, I mean this is just a plain good old fashioned bad move. If he had to write out a list. How hurtful must that have been for Rachael to read, let alone think about the fact that Ross actually needed to sit down and list basicly why he should and shouldn't be with both girls. It's so technical and uncaring. And such a guy thing to do!
  • Ofcourse they did!

So the Ross and Rachel relationship reaches its first major halt after the list.

Off Again.
  • Great

Ross must choose between Rachel and Julie and enlists Joey and Chandler's help in making a list of the pros and cons of each. Big mistake. Meanwhile, Monica gets a job making food with a synthetic chocolate substitute called Mockolate. Another awesome episode of season 2 this one may not be as good as the prevous two but is still great the scene with the list was really funny and Chandler's story was great . Also how horrible does Mockolate sound yuck. So like I said this was awesome I will give it a high 9 out of 10 .
  • Contains one of the best story climaxes in the series, with a very quick denouement

This episode sticks out so well because of how quickly the storyline peaks and then falls. It was so well written how the innocent (but stupid) list that was made caused such heartbreak. Rachel, of course, was never supposed to see the list, and the way the guys cover it up make it so much harder for the audience to watch because they, for one, know what is written. There is only the hope that Rachel doesn't end up reading the list, but that wouldn't make a good story now, would it? The moment she starts to read the list and when the guys abandon Ross in the apartment, we are only left with "Oh sh*t, what is going to happen next??" The way the episode proceeds from there into how it ends make it a definite classic. We're not sure who to be more heartbroken for - Ross in realizing his stupidity, or Rachel, in realizing that the man she "trusts most in this world" would make such a list.
  • A controversal Episiode

This episode was a very good episode but yet very controversal.. Through all of season one we learn of Ross\'s love for rachel and most of us root for them to get together. Then ross meets julie and cant decide between her and rachel. And finally when ross and rachel finally get together it gets all screwed up by a list ross rights to decide who he wants to be with. Through some of the epsiode i think rachek is being un reasonable and i side with ross but at other times u see where rachel is coming from and u understand why she is so mad. i thik this episode puts excitment into the next few episodes and i enjoyed this episode alot.
  • well written

Ross must choose between Rachel and Julie and enlists Joey and Chandler's help in making a list of the pros and cons of each and decides rachel but after rachel finds the list she gets mad and they break up. Big mistake. Meanwhile, Monica gets a job making food with a synthetic chocolate substitute called Mockolate which is disgustings and its an impossible task.
  • A good episode. With many scenes i like. SPOILERS about the WHOLE SERIES inside

I think that many people judge this episode as if it was all about ross being a jerk making that list and starting his long path that will lead to sleep with Chloe, say the wrong name at the altar and so on... well I think this episode has many good moments, great, great laughter and much more. The start is wonderful, imho, maybe it's the best FRIENDS comedy scene with girls vs guys point of view about Ross kissing Rachel the night before. I laugh so hard every single time I watch it! The rest is good, and I personally like when Chandler talks about Star Trek and DooM! (this is personal: I like both very much!)
  • ...

A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant! A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant! A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant!
  • Awesome.

Ross must choose between Rachel and Julie and enlists Joey and Chandler's help in making a list of the pros and cons of each. He chooses Rachel, but she finds the list and gets angry with Ross. Meanwhile, Monica gets a job making food with a synthetic chocolate substitute called Mockolate. Now this has to be one or one of my favourite episode on Friends. I love the start the way that the girls over react about the kiss between Ross and Rachel while the boys think nothing of it.Ross dumps Julie for Rachel because he does a pro's and con's list, then Rachel finds out about the list and the chances of Ross and Rachel heppenig is unlike;y. I love the over gangs storyline too, just an awesome episode throughout!
  • Ross & Julie break up.

Phoebe's song about the Ross/Rachel/Julie triangle was hilarious! This episode was amazing! Probably ome of the funniest of the season. Well except the end. I love how Rachel reacts to Ross' list. "I do not have chubby nakles!" That was hilarious, but pretty sad at the end. Just when you think that Ross & Rachel are going to happen. This list happens instead. Poor Julie though, I sort of felt bad for her. The Moclate synhetic chocolate plot was hilarious. "Just waiting for it to stop bubbling!" My favorite part is when Rachel stops the song from playing in the radio station. Overall this episode was unexpectedly funny!
  • "Two of them Kissed Last Night"

Ross has to decide between Julie and Rachel and makes the mistake of making a list and then typing it out. Rachel finds it and is mad at Ross.

Phoebe's song:
    Two of Them Kissed Last Night

There was a girl, we'll call her Betty
    And a guy, let's call him Neil
    Now I can't stress this point too strongly...
    This story isn't real.
    Now our Neil must decide
    Who will be the girl that he casts aside?
    Will Betty be the one who he loves truly?
    Or will it be the one who we'll call... Loolie?
    He must decide, he must decide,
    even though I made him up, he must decide!