The One with the Morning After (2)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 20, 1997 on NBC

• Ughhh, you need to reach for Kleenexes as this episode draws to a close! :(

"I'm sorry, was I not supposed to?" The moment when Gunther says this can make your heart sink. However, the fact that Ross tried to cover up his mistake is not very noble at all. For Rachel to hear this from Gunther (and also for her to hear that Ross tried to prevent that from happening), is the beginning of the downfall throughout the whole episode. No matter how much Ross tries to redeem himself, it does not cover up what he had done. No matter if he thought they were "on a break," it does not give him the right to sleep with someone else, especially if he cares for Rachel as much as he says he does. Even so, with Mark being at the apartment and Rachel saying "Nobody" when Ross calls (which was highly unfortunate, as it heightened Ross's insecurity), Ross still was responsible for it. Rachel did the right thing in the breakup at the end of the episode, one of the hardest moments in Friends to watch. "You're a totally different person to me now," she says. What Ross had done was unbelievable to me as well.