Friends

The One with the Morning After (2)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 20, 1997 on NBC

• "Oh...was I not supposed to do that?" No, Gunther, you weren't, but thanks anyway for giving us this episode.

Wow. What a great half hour of television. I'm not even sure where to start, so I think I'm just going to babble for a bit and hope that something coherent emerges.

Wow. The lines and the way they are delivered in this episode are just...so...totally..awesome. I'm partial to "You did a bad thing!" You know an ep is good if some random throw away character can deliver a memorable line, and it's probably not one of the top five in the ep. The writers did a good job creating sympathy for Ross even though he, as previously mentioned, did a bad thing. Ya think?!? I mean, major props to anyone who can CHEAT on his GIRLFRIEND and then make you feel bad for him the very next day. Though, I do feel bad for those guys who found that out the hard way. Wait a minute, no, no I don't. Damn you "Friends" writers.

The scenes with Monica, Phoebe, Joey and Chandler trapped in the bedroom listening to Rachel and Ross fight are silly, yet a lot of fun. Surprisingly, this ep ends on a rather sad and serious note with really good acting from Jennifer Aniston and David (see, we're on a first name basis because I don't want to look his last name up).

And then there's Joey and his walk. O, Joey, you make me happy.