Friends

The One with the Mugging

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 13, 2003 on NBC

• Joey on top for once.

This was a great episode! Not being the greatest Joey-fan (he's my least favorite out of the main six), he was absolutely hilarious this time. Joey- the first scene in which he announced his upcoming audition with the famous "Leonard Hayes" (played extremely well by Jeff Goldblum), made me excited, just like Joey himself. I rolled on the floor when Joey did his Jamaican accent. Joey's brainlessness wasn't over the top like often in the later seasons; he was charming and funny. Props to Goldblum, who was serious all the time but made me laugh so hard.

Phoebe/Ross- I love these two together and they were on fire this episode, as they usually are. Ross learning Phoebe had mugged him in his youth was a funny revelation, and Ross dealing with it was even more funny. I always like it when there are made references to the friends' childhoods; learning about Ross' personal comic book hero "Science boy" was hilarious and very typical for his character. Deliciously mean Phoebe was hilarious as she intended to butter Ross up before confessing to him about who his mugger was; Ross started ragging about his work and Phoebe responded "all right nothing is worth this". The funniest scene was when Phoebe brought with her a box: "crap from the street". I lol'd when Ross said "sure, go ahead" to Phoebe and raising his hands doing it. Chandler - Chandler was hired as a trainee at an advertising company, only to be forced to work among colleagues much younger than him. Though this was the least amusing storyline of the episode, the fire Rollerblade scenes cracked me up, especially when Joey was involved ("it's like they're on FIRE!").

Rachel - where was she?? She was only in this episode for less than 3 minutes. It's a shame, cause I love her too...

As a whole, this episode rocked! Though I did miss Rachel.