Friends

The One with the Nap Partners

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 09, 2000 on NBC

• Best episode of Season 7.

While all the episodes of Friends are good and re-watchable, there are some that truly stand out as great in the season. Rachel and Phoebe compete against each other to be Monica's maid-of-honor while Monica tries to convince Chandler to apologize to his ex-girlfriend for dumping her for being fat. But the really funny storyline involves Ross and Joey taking a nap together and really enjoying it. The scene where Ross admits to Joey about enjoying the nap has got to be one of the show's funniest moments. This is one of those episodes of Friends that I watch again and again and laugh out loud every time I watch it.
  • "That was a great nap" - Joey "It really was" - Ross

This episode was just another step closer the wedding. As Phoebe & Rachel compete to be Maid Of Honor. You think it will be Phoebe but then it means to much for Rachel so she ends up getting it. I like how they actually had to compete in a game to get the title. Judged by Joey & Ross. Joey & Ross napping together was the funniest plot of the episode. When everyone finds out in the end, was great. I'm glad that they took a break from the Tag storyline. Chandler & Monica's plot was filler. Chandler just apologizes to a fat friend from camp. Great episode.
  • "Julie Graff my camp girlfriend"-Chandler Bing

Joey and Ross accidentally take a nap together and much to their dismay, find that they like it. Phoebe and Rachel compete to be Monica's maid of honor. This episode was great but I thought that the season seven wasn't that great compared to the other apart from nine which is the worst, but the nap partners was great after watching Die hard twice Ross and Joey accidentally nap together after that they are like a married couple al the way through the episode, Ross doesn't want to nap with joey but Joey claiming it was the best nap ever LOL, in the end they nap agian and are caught by the rest of the gang, it was a great episode.
  • One of my most favorite episodes of Friends with really fun storyline for each of the six especially the nap-partners.

I always like the continuous gag of Ross and Joey be involved in scenarios that make them a gay couple like TOW The stoned Guy , TOW Barry and Mindy's Wedding or The One Hundredth but this one is the most hilarious Joey/Ross gag. Phoebe/Rachel's competition is quite hilarious and the Chandler/Monica scenes are also quite good.

It starts of with Monica telling Rachel and Phoebe that they should decide who is to be Mon's maid of honor. So they compete with each other and as per Joey's suggestion, have it like an audition. Ross and Joey fall asleep together while watching Die Hard, after Chandler (thankfully) leaves when Joey calls him a b[beep]tch They decide not to talk about it but then later on admit to each other that they loved the nap. Joey and Ross are the judges while Phoebe and Rachel take the audition for the maid of honor and Phoebe uses the guys' weakness for (good old American girl on girl) to win. After realizing how much it meant for Rachel to be Monica's maid of honor since high school, Phoebe tells her to take the position just before Rachel realizing how much neurotic Monica can get, and tells the amused Phoebe that Monica would be her maid of honor when she does marry.Chandler in high school broke up with a girl because she was faaaaat which doesn't please Monica , so she asks him to apologize to the girl to which he complies but things manage to get messy. Ross and Joey finally have the nap again only to be humiliatingly caught by the rest of the gang in one of funniest credit scenes in Friends. Ross's not so pleasant 'excuse me' in the end is hilarious.
  • a good episode

Rachel and Phoebe compete to be Monica's maid-of-honor and in the end rachael gets the job, i think and then monica is pheobes wedding plannar so it works out for all of them in the end. Joey and Ross find themselves in awkward positions after a nap after watching die hard 1 and it was the best nap they ever had together and decide to have more naps together.Monica insists that Chandler apologize to an ex-girlfriend for dumping her because of a weight gain which leads monica to ask if they would still be going out if she was still fat, but chandler apologises in the end.
  • Rachel and Phoebe compete to be Monica's maid-of-honor. Joey and Ross find themselves in awkward positions after a nap. Monica insists that Chandler apologize to an ex-girlfriend for dumping her because of a weight gain.

Now this is friends! I laughed so much! Joey and his calling people a b***h. I was laughing so hard when Ross and Joey slept together and then Joey was like thats the best nap ever!! I don't know why Chandler had to say sorry to an ex-girlfriend but Monica just did that because she was fat a long time ago. Phoebe was so awesome during her maid of honor thing when she was like we think about this naked. If I was Phoebe I so would be maid of honor for Monica even though she is annoying with it. Ross and Joey take another nap then wake up with everyone else looking at them.
  • The nap partners...!

This is one of my favorite episodes ever on Friends! The thing with Rachel and Phoebe was not that interesting, but the nap partners section was the most entertaining scene ever! This is one of my favorite episodes of friends, just thanks to that! Ross and Joey stay all night sleeping on the couch together, and they woke up pretty embarrassed. When Ross comes to bring Joey's movies back, Joey tells Ross that he wants to do it again since it was the best nap he ever got, Ross does not want to do it since it is weird, and he walks away. As a result, Joey tries many times to make Ross to take a nap with him but he declines all of them, and even freaks out every tiem he tries to. Ultimately, Joey tells Ross he is tired and he will go to his apartment and take a nap, and they woke up some time later, telling each other that it was really great, and suddenly find themselves into an awkward position when the rest of their friends find them together, and they both walk away embarrassed and without very convincement. I love this episode!
  • Great episode.

There are more funny moments in two of the three storylines this time. Someone who used to date Chandler overhears that Monica is marrying him, and it doesn't seem like she likes him very much. It turns out Chandler dumped her because she gained a lot of weight, which makes Monica mad at him and makes her wonder if Chandler will stay with her if she puts on weight again. Chandler tells his ex sorry for dumping her because she was fat, and she didn't know that was why he dumped her. Monica forgives Chandler. This is the least funny storyline. Phoebe and Rachel compete to be Monica's maid of honour, and they let the guys decide using hypothetical wedding situations. The guys choose Phoebe because of her maid of honour speech ('i remember talking about this moment with Rachel, when we were showering together, naked.') Phoebe lets Rachel be the maid of honour because she thinks that she has thought about it more and deserves it more. Ross and Joey napped together,and enjoyed it. Joey wants to do it again, and after a long time, Ross agrees. They wake up, however, to the other 4 friends staring at them. Overall, a very funny episode.