Friends

The One with the Prom Video

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 01, 1996 on NBC

• R&R get back together.

This is one of the things that I like about the season. Ross and Rachel finally get back together. I just thought it was a pretty weird reason to get back together for something that happened about ten years ago.The whole past thing was very funny though. The kiss was really passionate two. I like how the plot revolved around Monica's room being turned in to a gym. Poor 80s Ross, I felt really bad for him. The bracelet plot was pretty much a filler. But it was very funny. Overall a great episode but a highlight of the season. :)
  • He's her lobster!

This was a great way to finally bring Ross and Rachael together, again. Watching the prom video is great, too. You get a blast from the past that brings lot of laughs.

Joey: Some girl ate Monica!!
    Monica: Shut up, the camera adds ten pounds.
    Chandler: Ahh, so how many cameras are actually on you?
  • Let\'s face it people, this is one of the classic friends episodes from the early series!!!

i think this episode is very good and it has a great story line n stuff. I especialy lyk th ending because it is a happy ending and im a complete sucker for romantic comedy. We all knew that it would eventually happen that Ross and Rachel were gunna get together soon and if they didnt then there was a pointless story line of Ross liking Rachel and then Rachel liking Ros....etc.!! When they are watching the video you can clearly see that something like the kiss was eventually gunna happen at the end and then when Monica is watching the other video after the closing credits, i find it really funny when the video changes "storyline" slightly!! hee hee
  • The one we all have been waiting for.

We have seen it all ross wanting to be with rachel and she doesnt relise it. Then rachel falling for ross and him being with Julie. And they finally get together and ross write a list of things that are wrong with rachel and she loses interest in him. then in this episode during the prom video that they watch you see ross true love for rachek and that all he ever wanted was for her to be happy. Rachel finally realises how she feels about ross puts everything aside and they finally get together.
  • Awesome

After getting his big break, with Days of Our Lives, Joey pays Chandler back with $812 and an extremely tacky bracelet. Also, an unemployed Monica is hard up for money. And Monica and Rachel's prom video reveals Monica's former girth, Rachel's former nose and the way Ross has always felt about Rachel. This video brings Rachel to forgive Ross for the list. I used to think that this episode was over rated but now I see why everyone likes it it is funny and totally develops Ross and Rachels relationship. I now rate this a 9.5 out of 10. very good indeed.
  • do the claws again

After getting his big break, with Days of Our Lives, Joey pays Chandler back with $812 and an extremely tacky bracelet whch chandler then puts down in front of joey and after losing it has to buy another one with out joey knowing to prove hat a good friend he is. Also, an unemployed Monica is hard up for money. And Monica and Rachel's prom video reveals Monica's former girth, Rachel's former nose and the way Ross has always felt about Rachel. This video brings Rachel to forgive Ross for the list.
  • This was one of the best!

This is one of the best episodes of the series. It's not my favorite, but definitely in the top five. The ending, when Rachel goes to Ross, is one of the best moments of the show. The bracelet is also priceless. This is one of those episodes that I love because it shows the history of the group, some of how they got to be where they are today, in terms of their relationships. It's also one of the great ones because a lot of it is just the interactions between the Friends, which were the epiodes that I love the most.
  • Outstanding

One of the most classic episodes of Friends there is.

• Joey pays Chandler with some interesting gifts. Ross is still pining for Rachel, who's trying to move on. Monica's still out of a job and meets with her parents to borrow money. They bring her a box of random items, including an old prom vid

This show is classic "Friends" - one of my favorites! In my opinion, "Friends" really didn't hit it's stride until season 3, but there were some really amazing episodes in the first 2 seasons and this is one of them.
    The scene in which Chandler is making fun of the bracelet still cracks me up and it's always nice to see the sensitive side of Joey.
    But the real star of this episode is the prom video where we finally see the characters in high school and realize the depth of Ross' feelings for Rachel. Rachel realizes this too, which is why she kisses him, thus establishing their relationship.
    I think this was a brilliant move on the part of the writers because not only did they give us a hilarious glimpse into the past and finally get Ross and Rachel together, but they also made us care even more about this relationship because we saw just how much Ross loved her and became even more invested in the relationship.
    Overall, this episode is funny and poignant, while also moving the plot of the show forward, something that is frequently forgotten in many sitcoms.
  • The best episode for a reason

This episode of Friends is absolutely perfect. First, the Joey and Chandler storyline with the bracelets is too cute for words. Joey and Chandler are the most adorable pair of friends on television and the bracelet storyline is so funny. I love that Joey has Chandler's bracelet engraved! Phoebe and the lobsters...so funny! "Do the claws again!" Oh, Phoebs. The prom video itself is hysterical. From Rachel's nose to Monica's weight to Ross' pedophile mustache...hysterical! And of course, we all fall in love with Ross once again when we see how he was willing to save Rachel back in college when her boyfriend stands her up. And I guess, the rest is history...
  • one my fave episodes. classic.

i love this episode its the one that if i know the re run is going to be on and i wont be home i will set my tivo i love it every time.
    i always love the flashback episodes thanks to this classic one i love fat monica and ross' haircut. the writers did a good job of setting up this hilarious time where we can go back and visit on several different occasions.
    rachel and ross finally getting to gether was great because we have waited so long for it and to have them kiss in a previous and then have it taken away it was great that they finally gave it to us. i can see why it was voted number 1 on the nbc countdown.
  • One of the sweetest episodes in TV history!

After all the ups and downs with Ross and Rachel's relationship it was very nice to see these two finally get together. We see Rachel and Monica get ready for their Prom dates and at that time, we learn, that Monica was a bit overweight and Rachel hasn't had her nose-job jet. And Ross's hair and moustache completed the ridiculous 80s style.
    But the funniest parts of this episode were delivered by Chandler (as so often) when he tries to get rid of the "woman repeller". A golden bracelet given to him by Joey for their great frindship. Thank God for those two!
  • "See he's her lobster"

This was a great episdoe and one with my favorite quotes! Rachel and Ross FINALLY get together! Monica gets a box of her old stuff from her parent's house and in it there's a video from her's and Rachel's senior prom. Ross doesn't want to watch it becasue he remembers wanting to take Rachel when her date doesn't show up but after he's gotten ready CHip shows up to Rachel to the dance. After Rachel sees this she realizes just how much he cares for her and she goes over to him and kisses him! It was perfect! I love this episode.
  • The episode where Rachel gives up on the "there will never be an us" thing upon seeing the prom video.

The prom video showed of one of the things Ross has done to show her love for Rachel. He excitedly wanted to go to the prom with Rachel upon knowing that Chip couldn't come. He was all excited about it. His parents were all supportive about it. However, when he was all set, (he even had the flowers for her - which he got in the vase)Chip was already downstairs. Breaking his heart into pieces. When Rachel and the gang saw this video. Rachel was really touched and he came up to Ross who was already standing in the door ready to leave. When he reached Ross, she just kissed him. And this is the official episode where Ross and Rachel have a relationship.
  • Rachel and Ross finally get together!

I love this episode. Ross and Rachel finally get together when she sees what he did on Prom night. I love how this is the first episode we see fat Monica and Rachel with her old nose! Very, very funny episode!
    "Some girl ate Monica" "Shut up the camera adds 10 pounds" "Ahh, so how many cameras are actually on you?"
    "looking good Mr. Kotter"
    Very very funny - can't express that enough!!
  • The resolution to the fallout from Ross's list and one of the top five greatest episodes, IMO. A+ for Ross/Rachel-shippers.

This episode has a STRONG Ross and Rachel story, and keeps the whole cast together. Add some great flashbacks and Fat Monica, and you've got quite an episode here. Plus, we get some great foreshadowing when Phoebe utters one of my favorite lines of the series: "See? He's her lobster!!"

I like that it's not a flashback in the way that Chandler's Thanksgiving memories are, but rather the whole gang watching an old VHS tape from Monica and Rachel's prom. It adds credibility to the whole thing.

Other fun things:
    - This one comes after weeks of Ross and Rachel fans reeling from one of the hardest scenes to watch in the series, when Rachel finds Ross's list. "Not Rachem?" The eventual reunion was a long time coming, and it delivered.
    - Chandler's infamous man-bracelet, dubbed "the woman repeller, the eyesore from the Liberace House of Crap, the reject from the Mr. T collection," all while poor Joey was listening.
    - Fat Monica! "The camera adds ten pounds!" "So, how many cameras were actually on you?"
    - 80s hair! (and nose...)
  • All of the friends are watching Monica and Rachel's prom video. Rachel's prom date doesn't show up so Ross was asked to take her and he agreed. Then Rachel's date comes and Ross is hurt. At the end, Rachel puts everything aside and kisses him at the end.

I think that is my favorite episode of all time. I love the part when Rachel realizes how much Ross loves her and that she forgives him for making the list. You know that Rachel has feelings for Ross but she hadn't forgiven him for making the list. I wouldn't blame her but you can see how much Ross loves her everytime he looks at her. The most supenseful part of the whole episode is when Rachel walks over to Ross, looks like she is just going to thank him and comfort him, and then she kisses him and everyone is like finally. :) Also I think that Ross was extremly hurt whe Rachel leaves with her date so it was a great moment when Rachel gave him what he always wanted- her. I think that he was so sweet to take her even though he was in college and it was a high school thing. Overall one of my favorite episodes.
  • Amazing episode! My favorite of the whole series.

I just love TOW the Prom Video! First of all, we get to see Fat Monica for the first time. Courteney did such a great job in the fat suit! And teenage Ross and Rachel are hilarious. Joey and Chandler have a great sub-plot. Only Joey would buy something like that for another man. Also I love when Rachel and Ross and talking and she says “accept that”. I know it’s sad for Ross, but I just love that moment.
    But the best part of the whole episode is without a doubt, the ending. The look on Rachel's face when she realizes how far back Ross's love for her went and what he did is amazing. And the kiss, well, how could they not kiss? Finally Rachel realizes who she's meant to be with (although it does take 9 more years to finalize it.) I'm happy this episode was #1 for the fan favorites. David Schwimmer's got good taste!
  • A pure classic from the early days of "Friends."

One of the most beloved episodes in the series' history is the real start to a long-term relationship between Ross and Rachel. The two came close earlier in the season, but Ross' list comparing Julie and Rachel downed the initial possibility. In this episode, an ever-appreciative Joey gives Chandler $812 as a thank you for helping him with bills and money for the past several years, but to show Chandler how much he means to him, he also gives him a "Best Buds" bracelet that Chandler hates from the start. But the real treasure to this episode is in the title, as Monica stumbles upon her's and Rachel's old prom video. The uproarious video offers insight to Rachel and her old nose, Monica at her fattest, and Ross, sporting a mustache and a 'Mr. Kotter' style hair-do, also in his early keyboard playing days. The video reveals to the gang just how much Ross loved Rachel then, as well as revealing to them how much Ross loves Rachel now. The first episode to reveal several of the Friends at a younger age is hilarious at sight and beautiful at heart, and proves that Ross really is "Rachel's lobster."