Friends

The One with the Prom Video

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 01, 1996 on NBC

• The resolution to the fallout from Ross's list and one of the top five greatest episodes, IMO. A+ for Ross/Rachel-shippers.

This episode has a STRONG Ross and Rachel story, and keeps the whole cast together. Add some great flashbacks and Fat Monica, and you've got quite an episode here. Plus, we get some great foreshadowing when Phoebe utters one of my favorite lines of the series: "See? He's her lobster!!"

I like that it's not a flashback in the way that Chandler's Thanksgiving memories are, but rather the whole gang watching an old VHS tape from Monica and Rachel's prom. It adds credibility to the whole thing.

Other fun things:
    - This one comes after weeks of Ross and Rachel fans reeling from one of the hardest scenes to watch in the series, when Rachel finds Ross's list. "Not Rachem?" The eventual reunion was a long time coming, and it delivered.
    - Chandler's infamous man-bracelet, dubbed "the woman repeller, the eyesore from the Liberace House of Crap, the reject from the Mr. T collection," all while poor Joey was listening.
    - Fat Monica! "The camera adds ten pounds!" "So, how many cameras were actually on you?"
    - 80s hair! (and nose...)