Friends

The One with the Proposal (2)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 18, 2000 on NBC

• This episode is the best ever because it is where what you have been waiting for finally happens, Chandler and Monica get engaged.

I love this episode because it has the best story line ever written. All through this episode, you are on the edge of your seat wondering about whether Chandler is actually going to propose to Monica in time before she thinks about what she wants, and whether or not Chandler is going to propose or if she should go back to Richard. At the end, it was so amazing the way that they proposed. I love the way that they have done the set with all of the candles and the dimmed lights. It looks so perfect. I love the atmosphere that the actors create with the build up to the proposal, and the way that both Monica and Chandler try to make it a surprise for each other. When Joey told Chandler that Monica had gone to her parents, I was so shocked because it could have all gone right if he had just been a little bit more careful about how he said he did not want to get married. But when he walked into the apartment and it was all lit up with candles and Monica was standing there, I knew that it was the perfect moment, even better than if he had done it at the restaurant. I also love the music that they chose to play over the closing credits with them dancing to it. I think that both the cast and crew should be very proud of this episode because it is certainly one of a kind.