Friends

The One with the Red Sweater

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 04, 2001 on NBC

• Who is the father of Rachel's baby?

This episode would have to be one of my favorites in season eight. The anxiousness of finding out who the father of Rachel's baby intensifies in this fun filled episode. Rachel is getting ready to tell the father of the baby, and we find out the father owns a red sweater. Suspicions lead back to an old friend from last season: Tag. We think he's the father but it turns out that he already has his red sweater and he didn't leave it behind at Rachel's. So now everything is pretty much up in the air. Meanwhile Joey proposes to Phoebe after thinking that she is pregnant, we definitely got to see some relationship moments there especially when Phoebe wouldn't give the ring back after Joey proposed to Rachel after finding out it was her who was pregnant. Ross & Chandler taking the wedding pictures again at someone else's wedding was hilarious! Not as hilarious as when Monica won't stop opening the wedding presents. Then at the very end, we find out who the father of the baby is! The sweater belongs too.... ROSS! Ross is the father of Rachel's baby, I certainly did not see that coming and this episode got me ecstatic on how Rachel is going to tell Ross in the next episode. Amazing episode overall, and a great followup to the premiere.