Friends

The One with the Ring

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 11, 2000 on NBC

• The Bruce Willis arc ends.

They can't have Bruce Willis on the show forevor, right? I just wish he stayed for a bit longer. I mean really, what's the deal with that. The writers decided to make Paul a crybaby, so Rachel can break up with him. The situation was funny though. Chandler & Phoebe pursue the perfect ring. Until it gets away! I like how Phoebe gets trapped in the jail and points the musket at the people. That was hilarious! And in the end when Chandler announces the news to everyone, amazing. Now the finale is going to be great! The proposal. Great cliffhanger.
  • "After this, we should solve crimes." - Phoebe

This episode was exacly why I watch this show. Rachel is still dating Paul and wants him to open up more. The problem is when he opens up he opens up a little bit to much. Turned out that the 'lovemachine' had a very bad childhood. A great performance by Bruce Willis who usually doesn't really do emotional movies.
    Chandler and Phoebe go shopping for a weddingring. Which is also funny because they never really spend that much time together. Maybe after this this they'll go fight crime together.
    Joey and Ross are mad and decide to freeze him out. From now on it's going to be Ross and Joey, the new Joey and Chandler.
    I thought it was a great episode and I think that Bruce Willis deserved that Emmy.
  • a good episode

Chandler and Phoebe shop for a ring for Monica. Chandler finds the perfect one but Phoebe accidentally lets it get away as she is modeling lots of jewelery for herself. and then chandler has to but a stupid gumball looking ring. but they get it back in the end by pretending that pheobe is dieing and thats the ring she wanted Rachel wants Paul to open up, but he opens up a bit too much. Ross and Joey think that Chandler's mad at them because he's preoccupied with the ring so they plan to freeze him out. in the end everyone of the friends but monica knows about the ring.
  • For every episode, there is usually one reason I look forward to watching it. In this episode, it was to see Phoebe hold the Civil War musket.

The Phoebe and Chandler scenes are just hilarious as they try to pick out the perfect ring and try to get it after someone else has bought it. I love Phoebe for trying out every ring, a crown, and holding the musket. And when she got put in 'jail.' Classic. I also loved it when Phoebe tried to haggle the ring for $10, and the two five dollar bills for $1. Rachel trying to get Paul to open up has its moments. Such as as when Paul hugged Joey, and Chandler had to get the credit card out of Joey's pant pocket. The more and more I watch Jennifer Aniston's hair, the more annoyed I get. It's way too long and kinda frizzy and really takes away from her beautiful face. As much as I could have cared less for the Rachel, I still think the long hair look was one of her worst in the show.

I kinda liked the storyline of Ross and Joey thinking that Chandler is mad at them because they did not invite him to the game. The best line is that Joey told Ross, "Where gonna be the new Joey and Chandler."

So overall, good episode...and I didn't realize how little screentime Courteney Cox got until I read the trivia...but Jenny Anny's hair bugged me.
  • The proposal is imminent

Fantastic episode with some good Phoebe/Chandler bonding moments.

Chandler and Phoebe shop for a ring for Monica with Phoebe trying on everything in the store leading to the ring being taken by someone else when Chandler goes to get his credit card from Joey. Rachel wants Paul to open up, but he opens up a bit too much and starts reliving repressed childhood memories of him being in a chicken suit lol. Ross and Joey think that Chandler's mad at them because he's preoccupied with the ring and try to block him out until they find out he has the ring and is going to propose...
  • Chandler and Phoebe shop for a ring for Monica. Chandler finds the perfect one but Phoebe accidentally lets it get away. Rachel wants Paul to open up, but he opens up a bit too much.

Great episode and about time Chandler and Monica will get married. It has been 2 years!!! Chandler was so obsessed with getting the perfect ring. They were so funny when Chandler is like I need that ring and that he was marring a dying woman. I so can't believe he fell for that. She has to be buried with that ring. Chandler ruins it for the other couple when he says you are marrying a great man. The look on both of their faces. Ahhhh. Paul was so weird in this episode. He kept crying! Joey was funny when he said to Ross that they could be the new Chandler and Joey and he so did not like that.
  • Shows that the proposal is soon.

After Phoebe knows that he is on the verge of proposing to Monica, Chandler picks her to help him pick out a ring. But, after Phoebe accidentally lets the ring go away, Chandler is insisted on getting it. Meanwhile, after Rachel wants Paul to open up about his feelings, he ends up opening it up too much. Joey and Ross start to feel that Chandler is upset or mad at them, because he is just too busy keeping the secret of proposing to Monica.
  • Chandler has Pheobe help him pick-out a ring for Monica, but Pheobe accidentally lets it get away. Rachael wants Paul to open up and be emotional, but her plan backfires when he because too emotional. Joey and Ross give Chand

I truly enjoyed this episode, especially the parts conserning Chandler, Pheobe, and the engagment ring. I thought that the scene where Chandler had gone to get his credit card, and Pheobe was alone in the Ring Shop was extremely funny. The sight of Pheobe sticking the musket out of the "jail" bars made me crak up. Who was the actor that played the ring salesman? He was extremly familiar but I couldn't remember where from.

I was extremly happy that Rachael broke up with Paul. He always seemed so negative and mean. Plus, he was so much older that Rachael! I still can't belive that Rachael went out with him after seeing the way he treats Ross.

All in all, a very good episode!