Friends

The One with the Routine

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Dec 16, 1999 on NBC

• Joey is beginning to like Janine more. She gets an invitation to dance on "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve" and invites Joey, Monica and Ross to join her. Rachel, Phoebe and Chandler search for their Christmas presents.

Good! I think this season is not really as good as the last couple. I thought that when Chandler found his present and learned that it was that and wasn't that good that Monica at the end would give Chandler another present and say that is the real one or she lied about the present and it wasn't really that. I also thought she would be more mad but at the end she didn't really care. Everything else was great! Joey putting water on the guy and making a joke about it was great! Joey and Janine! Finally and I wish they would get married later because they are so cool together but I know it doesn't happen.
  • The sixth Christmas.

They never run out of Christmas ideas, this Christmas episode was I think as strange plot. But it really worked. A surprising small cliffhanger. Finally Janine & Joey are together, and they kissed. It was sort of too good to be true in my opinion. My favorite plot was Rachel, Chandler, & Phoebe trying to look for the presents. I also loved the hysterical dancing between Monica & Ross, those siblings are very strange. I like how through the whole episode, their trying to get on camera. I also like how Joey got in a second grade fight with the Tall Guy. A good Christmas/New Year episode.
  • Great episode!

"The One With the Routine" is a hilarious episode. Personally, I love the epsiodes that focus on the interactions between Ross and Monica, and this one is one of the best. Janine (Joey's roommate) is hired to dance in the "New Year's Rockin' Eve" show with Dick Clark, and invites Ross and Monica to come along when she learns that they are huge fans of the show. (Actually, they can barely contain their excitement when she tells them about it.) Hoping to get on TV, they decide to do a "routine" that they had performed in their eighth grade talent show. Of course, they look completely idiotic, but their periodic "nerdiness" is one of the things that I love about them.
  • Excellent!

Friends
    Season 6
    Episode 10: The One with the Routine
    Janine invites Joey, Monica and Ross to a New Year Event, where Ross and Monica try to get on camera by doing their "routine". Meanwhile, Chandler, Phoebe and Rachel search for their Christmas presents from Monica.

I saw this episode again a couple of days ago and I didn't remember how good it is. Its extremely funny and was s awesome. Ross and Monica's routine was hilarous! The jokes been made by every body were really funny! The credits were hilarous! An amazing episode! This, with The One On The Last Night are my favorite season six eps!
  • Brilliant!

The One With The Routine was under a lot of pressure, following The One Where Ross Got High. It certainly isn't as good as the previous episode, but is brilliant nonetheless. Janine invites Joey, Ross and Monica to Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve, which Monica and Ross have loved since their childhood. Rachel and Phoebe convince Chandler to help look for their Christmas presents from Monica. Joey plans to kiss Janine at fake midnight, but doesn't get the chance. Ross and Monica want to get onto the platforms and decide that the best thing for them to do is their routine from high school. The routine is the best and funniest part of the episode, it's hard to explain but you have to see it if you haven't already! Janine kisses Joey back at their apartment and Rachel, Phoebe and Chandler find Monica's presents. One of the best episodes of season six.