Friends

The One with the Rumor

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 22, 2001 on NBC

Wow, I am astonished at overrated this episode is. Brad Pitt comes in, and everybody praises this episode? This was probably one of the "weaker" Thanksgiving episodes of Friends. I can name a lot more Thanksgiving episodes that were 10x better than this. Everything that came out Brad Pitt's mouth was incredibly annoying. It was like the jokes were too out there, and I felt as if he was trying too hard to be funny. I'm not saying Brad Pitt is a bad actor, but in this case, I didn't like his character or his acting at all for some reason. No wonder he didn't win that Emmy nomination for this episode. I found myself in awe that he was even nominated.

The whole episode revolved over a ridiculous high school rumor, and it seemed like everyone reverted back to themselves when this show started. And how they went on & on about the 2 different parts, and Ross making out with the librarian. It was just too much, I didn't like it at all. The only thing that helped this episode was Phoebe and her surprising humor. Joey was also a bit funny eating the turkey, also exaggerated, but quite funny. All the characters except Phoebe were completely exaggerated and so were the storyline. Just didn't enjoy this Thanksgiving very much.