Friends

The One with the Stain

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 08, 2001 on NBC

• i watched this episode and wanted to share with people what the dutch people are saying. (btw simpfan, its not norwegian, its dutch ^^)

i love this episode, and the dutch parts are realy funny :P, for the people who wanna know the translation here it is:
    with woman @ doorpost
    zeer vereerd een vriend van mijn moeder te ontmoeten = im honourd to meet a friend of my mother's.
    with gunther:
    bedankt voor de koffie = thanks for the coffee
    jij spreekt nederlands? = do you speak dutch?
    dat is te gek = that is awesome
    heb je familie daar? = do you have family their?
    ezel! = donkey
    jij hebt seks met ezels = you have sex with donkeys

i know its not realy an review just wanted to share the information :P (btw sorry if my spelling is off on some words, i kinda suck at spelling)

Did anybody else find this plot absolutely ridiculous? We've got exaggerated characters and plot lines now, that weren't even that funny. That just left you wondering if it was actually "Friends" you were watching. I mean honestly, did this really feel like a Friends episode? Monica and Chandler are not comical together, if anything, they're just annoying. Basically Chandler hires a maid, and Monica gets suspicious that she is stealing from her. Which gets her in some awkward positions. There was a lot of cheap jokes like when Chandler says, "You need new clothes!" to Monica, it was just too played out and obvious. The continuation of Phoebe & Eric's relationship was continuity but it wasn't entertaining. I guess I just knew from the get go that it wasn't going to work out.

Ross & Rachel were probably the only good thing about this episode. Ross trying to get a dying lady's apartment was self-obsessed and hilarious. Joey begging Rachel to stay was sweet. And after all of what Ross had to do, Rachel decides to stay with Joey. That was probably the plot that saved this episode. Fair okay episode. Definitely, not one of "Friends'" shining moments.
  • funny

Chandler hires a maid, whom Monica suspects is stealing her clothing asshe has a stain in the same piece and also the same bra. Eric has broken up with Ursula and is ready to date Phoebe, except for one problem: he can't look at her without seeing Ursula and it doesent work out. Ross tries to get Rachel an apartment in his building, but the woman living there isn't in a hurry to die so ross tries to get the family over on his side by gunther teaching him norwegian ithink, and Joey wants Rachel to stay with him and succeeds with it.
  • Phoebe and Eric.

Good episode. More Phoebe and Eric. I wish she didn't blow him off so quick even though what he said before about Ursala's face and looking at her but it got better. Monica should of just let that go. The maid was like what the hell?! First Monica in between her legs then Chandler bending down looking at her!! She sure left quick!
  • Is she stealing from me? Is she not stealing from me?

We've known from the beginning that Monica is an obsessive character by nature, but when Chandler hires a made to do some work around the house - things start to get ugly. Monica believes she has stolen various items of clothing - which, ironically she hasn't.

There are various clever bits in this episode that tell us a lot about the relationship that Monica and Chandler share - and what they are willing to do for eachother.

Just your typical, funny episode of Friends.