Friends

The One with the Stain

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 08, 2001 on NBC

Did anybody else find this plot absolutely ridiculous? We've got exaggerated characters and plot lines now, that weren't even that funny. That just left you wondering if it was actually "Friends" you were watching. I mean honestly, did this really feel like a Friends episode? Monica and Chandler are not comical together, if anything, they're just annoying. Basically Chandler hires a maid, and Monica gets suspicious that she is stealing from her. Which gets her in some awkward positions. There was a lot of cheap jokes like when Chandler says, "You need new clothes!" to Monica, it was just too played out and obvious. The continuation of Phoebe & Eric's relationship was continuity but it wasn't entertaining. I guess I just knew from the get go that it wasn't going to work out.

Ross & Rachel were probably the only good thing about this episode. Ross trying to get a dying lady's apartment was self-obsessed and hilarious. Joey begging Rachel to stay was sweet. And after all of what Ross had to do, Rachel decides to stay with Joey. That was probably the plot that saved this episode. Fair okay episode. Definitely, not one of "Friends'" shining moments.