Friends

The One with the Two Parties

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 02, 1996 on NBC

• well written

The gang plans a surprise party for Rachel, but the real surprise is when both of her estranged parents show up for the same party. and the friends have a hard time ensuring nither parent sees the other which causing great compications but can they do it. also rachel is dissapointed with her birthday "cake"
  • Friends

The gang plans a surprise party for Rachel, but the real surprise is when both of her parents, who recently separated, show up for the party. The gang thinks fast and throws two separate parties, but complications inevitably ensue. This whole episode was a mess and I found it to be very funny, The lads dancing, Joey kissing, Gunther escaping, double the party double the fun this was great twenty one minutes laugh out load comedy from the friends. Thats all i can say really and I think I need to fill the review so I will just talk again that should be enough haha. 9 out of 10.
  • Aftermath of the divorce.

The divorce continues! And it is Rachel's birthday. Chandler gets his groove back with all the girls at his party. I like how both parties were so different. Phoebe sneaking people over to the other party were hilarious! Rachel's dad had the great party. At this point it look like Monica throws the worst parties ever. I liked how people tried to distract the parents toward the end. Joey kissing Rachel's mom! And Ross being more & more like Rachel's father. Rachel has to see a psychiatrist! Anyways an amazing episode with some definite Rachel/Chandler action! So I liked the episode.
  • Friends Super Social Advice #1

Well, Friends is not just a comedy show.....it's got alot of very very great things about real social life, and i dont talk about these Amirecan lifestyle, but it's like every one at the world ..

Well here in this great comedy episode it countain a serious parents problem, they talk about Rachel's Parent problem before , this time they focus on how It would be a real problem for the children, whatever thier age, they get hurt because of that
    I guess one of the touching points at the show was this one with Rachel and Chandler at the hallway, talking about divorcing, Well..... Parents...you should see this episode.

Coming Up Next : The One with Barry and Mindy's Wedding
  • Great episode following the Bullies.

The gang plans a surprise party for Rachel, but the real surprise is when both of her estranged parents show up for the same party. "Think!" urges Chandler. "What would Jack and Chrissy do?" Why, split it into two parties, of course -- one for each parent. But complications inevitably ensue.

Great episode, I was worried they weren't going to be able to keep up to the shows standards after "TOW the Bullies" but they managed to ensure every little knot was tied properly.
  • The Friends homage to Three's Company.

This is one of my favorite episodes and , in my opinion, where the actors really started to find these characters. The fact that this is the episode where Chandler says "what would Jack and Chrissy do?" is just icing on the cake, as the entire episode is clearly an homage to Three's Company. Of course, the plot is well executed (come on, it's Friends) and the writing is hilarious, but what stands out to me is David Schwimmer's performance. Up to this point, Chandler was the funniest character on the show. With the line reading of "Neil Sedaka wears 'em.", Ross overtook Chandler as my personal favorite, and he only got better (see "The One With All The Resolutions" in season five for further proof). Great stuff.
  • Absolute favorite episode

This series makes great references to Three's Company in other episodes and this episode has one of best. Start to finish a classic episode that defines the talent and success of this series. The beginning sequence is fun to watch as a great example of Joey's relationship with women. The fun continues when preparing for Rachel's surprise party both of her parents, who are getting divorced, show up. The gang manipulates Mr & Mrs Greene away from each other in a clever and hilarious scene. Then Chandler says my favorite quote, "Quick! What would Jack and Chrissy do?" It just gets funnier.
  • Rachel's birthday parties.

The Friends plan a surprise-party for Rachel. Monica wants to have a party with organized fun and the rest just wants to grab a pizza and have actual fun. They both get want they want when Rachel's recently divorced parents show up and they have to throw 2 parties. It was hilarious to watch them try to keep the Green's apart with the dancing and the safely putting the coat on the bed. Most of the time when you desperately try to keep two characters apart it doesn't work but here thanks to Joey breaking the you're-not-allowed-to-kiss-your-best-friends-mother rule they pulled it of. Rachel realizing that her life will never be the same again also added a little drama, that scene in the hallway with Chandler was really sweet.
  • My favorite episode in Season 2 at the moment.

They must have had a lot of fun writing this script. The extent the six friends go to to stop Rachel's parents meeting each other is brilliant and hilarious. The tension the viewer feels all through this episode as it becomes more and more inevitable that Rachel's parents will meet each other is fantastic. The fact that they do not meet actually comes as a shock. The scene where both of Rachel's parents are in the hall together and the guys have to dance Mr. Greene across the hall, and Joey has to kiss Rachel's mum to prevent her from seeing her (ex-)husband is very, very funny. I am very surprised they managed to add a serious storyline into the episode.
TBS