Friends

The One with the Videotape

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 18, 2001 on NBC

• Now that we know who the father is, we get to find out how it happened!

This episode has recently seen a rapid rise from very enjoyable to my second favorite. Like most of my favorites, it's got a great Ross&Rachel story, and it keeps the whole group together for the episode. This is key because it's so hard to do, but it's truly an ensemble show and therefore they work best together. Things I loved:
    - The Europe Story. One of the best moments is the awkwardly high but still so perfectly "Rossian" voice that Ross uses when he keeps getting interrupted trying to tell the Europe Story.

- The moment in which Rachel starts to smash the tape is one of the greatest collective physical comedy moments in the series. Monica, Chandler, Joey, and Phoebe all jump up in protest with such great timing.
    Because admit it, if you were in the room, you would have sided with Rachel at first too.

- The Regina Phalange/Ken Adams exchange. THEY WOULD.
    Monica and Chandler's whinefest turned argument is just fantastic writing: "You told all those great jokes!" "And you asked all those insightful questions." "Well, you did tell a joke of jokes." "How about you…All your questions! The sheer volume! It was like flying with the Riddler!" "Oh, I'm sorry, was that another joke?" "Was..that..another..question..?"

- Ross and Rachel did it again!