Friends

The One with Unagi

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 24, 2000 on NBC

• Hilarious!

Probably one of the funniest of the season. Plot-wise, it was okay. But all the jokes and puns were just amazingly funny. Especially how Ross tries to scare Rachel & Phoebe, he even goes to an instructor that makes him look like a psycho. And then he attacks two complete strangers. All of that was hilarious. I also like how Rachel kept on referring the unagi was sushi. Monica & Chandler's plot was just as good. Monica slaving for Chandler when he pulled a tape out of his as* and it was actually from Janice! When I heard Janice's voice, I started cracking up! Joey's identical twin thing, eh. But still hilarious episode!
  • Ah... Salmon skin roll!

Laugh out Loud!!

I love this episode... the whole Unagi thing is great and makes for some really funny scenes.

I think Ross is great in this episode, really funny!!

Everytime I think of something that happened in this episode I laugh to myself!! From Rachel and Phoebe, to Monica, ross is obsessed with the whole Unagi concept.

I think my fav part of the episode is when Rachel and Phoebe hide behind the curtains at Ross' appartment and then jump out at him, and he jumps for his life... and then Rachel goes 'Ah... Salmon skin roll!!'

This is Friends at its ultimate best!!
  • Unagi-state of total awareness....... or sushi:)

This episode is mostly about Rachel and Phoebe taking self-defense classes and Ross trying to teach them how to achieve Unagi- state of total awareness or sushi;). On the other hand we have Joey trying to find identical twin so he can earn some money that he needs.Chandler is trying to make a present for Monica but he is not good at it, so he finds a tape without knowing that it is a tape that Janice made him and she also sings on it, well is it not a treat for ears:))
    Anyway Ross was great in this episode, I laughed so much when he was pretending to be a sexual predator and when he attacked wrong women.
    "Chandler: Hey.
    Ross: Chandler. I sensed it was you.
    Chandler: What?!
    Ross: Unagi. I'm always aware.
    Chandler: Okay, are you aware unagi is an eel?"
  • Joey needs money for new head shots. Rachel and Phoebe are taking a self-defense class. Chandler needs a homemade present for Monica's Valentine's Day present.

This episode was hilarious. I loved the whole concept of this episode. It is one of the bests. It was so funny! I loved when Ross was hiding behind the chair and Phoebe and Rachel see him and bring him to the floor. I especially liked the Monica and Chandler storyline in this episode. It was so hilarious when Monica put on the mixed tape and it was a birthday present for Chandler from Janice. It was so funny! This episode is definitely a series classic. This episode is exactly why I watch this series. This episode is another great installment
  • Joey Needs Money For New Headshots, He Enters A Medical Study But It's For Twins, Rachel & Phoebe Take Self Defense Classes, Ross Tries To Teach Them Unagi, Chandler Gives Monica A Mix Tape For Valentines Day

Joey Needs Money For Headshots And Enters A Medical Study But It's For Twins, Rachel And Phoebe Take Self Defense Classes, Ross Tries To Teach Them The Concept Of "Unagi" Only To Be Told Its A Kind Of Sushi! Monica & Chandler Celebrate Valentines Day, But They Forgot About The Presents, So They Made Each Other Presents, Monica Gave Chandler A Sock Bunny, Chandler Gave Monica A Tape Which His Ex Janice Made For His Birthday.
    Rachel & Phoebe Scare Ross,Who Has Got An Unusually High Pitched Screaming Voice, It's Like He's A Girl! Absolutely Fab Episode, One Of My Many Favourites!
  • a good episode

Joey needs money for new headshots, and tries to enter a medical study, the only problem is that the study is for twins so he gets a guy that looks like him but they filthe test because they dont look anythiing alike. Rachel and Phoebe are taking a self-defense class, but Ross tries to give them a lesson in Unagi instead and ends up getting beaten up by the girls and unagi is rubbish. Chandler needs a homemade present for Monica's Valentine's Day present and they both forgot so chandler gives her a mix tape that was made for him by janice and monica feels bad so she does whatever he wants but then she finds out the truth and gets mad.
  • Joey needs money for new headshots. Rachel and Phoebe are taking a self-defense class. Chandler needs a homemade present for Monica's Valentine's Day present.

This episode was hilarious. I loved the whole concept of this episode. It is one of the bests. It was so funny! I loved when Ross was hiding behind the chair and Phoebe and Rachel see him and bring him to the floor. I especially liked the Monica and Chandler storyline in this episode. It was so hilarious when Monica put on the mixed tape and it was a birthday present for Chandler from Janice. It was so funny! This episode is definately a series classic. It is exactly why I watch this series. This episode is another great installment.
  • i think i just peed my pants that was too funny!

ok, i really didn't pee my pants, it's an expression! DANGER!!!!
    Ross is such a wussy, even total stranger girls can kick his rear!
    But i hate sit-coms i can predict, and i THOUGHT i was going to predict the Romantic Mix Tape incident, but i NEVER saw that coming!
    I thot the music would be interupted by some tape-over...but something beyond the WORST thing possible happens! Chandler's ex-girlfriend, with the most HORRID NASAL voice (worse that Fran Fine from the Nanny)...she starts singing on the tape, and reveals that this is the tape she made for him for his birthday. Oh, what can be worse that giving your wife/fiance a tape made by your ex? Too Much! it was hillarious! Unpredictable, that is why i watch this series.
  • After Phoebe and Rachel take a self-defense class, Ross takes it upon himself to teach them the concept of "unagi". Chandler and Monica decide to exchange homemade gifts, but both forget until the last minute. Joey tries to participate in a twin study.

This is such a great episode! Monica and Chandler are really meant to be together, something we see in the way they both recycle other people's gifts after forgetting to make presents for each other. I thought this was really funny and something that many of us could relate to.
    It was also really fun to watch Ross go crazy when Rachel and Phoebe refused to take "unagi" seriously. Joey was a bit over the top trying to get another actor (Paul) to be his twin, but it was amusing to see how he really didn't seem to get that no one would believe the two of htem as twins.
  • Great episode to watch

All of the plots and subplots in "The One With the Unagi" are hilarious, so there really aren't any slow moments. Joey, who got a job at Central Perk, is a terrible waiter, so in order to make some extra money he attempts to enter a medical study for identical twins. He meets someone at an audition for a commercial and hires him as a fake twin. Monica and Chandler are celebrating Valentine's Day and have agreed to make each other presents. Unfortunately, they both forget and Monica gives him a sock bunny that Phoebe made, and Chandler gives Monica a mixed tape... that Janice made. Ross attempts to teach Phoebe and Rachel a lesson in self-defense through "unagi", an awareness of danger. Throughout the episode they try to ambush one another, resulting in Ross, himself, learning a lesson about "unagi".
  • Rachel and Phoebe are taking a self-defense class. Chandler needs a homemade present for Monica's Valentine's Day present. Joey tries to enter a medical study to make money. Ross tries to give Rachel and Phoebe a lesson in Unagi.

Great and funny episode! Ross is so funny in this episode with the Unagi thing. He scared Rachel and Phoebe but they get him back twice! Haha. OMG! Ross should of known those girls weren't Phoebe and Rachel because he attacked them and they chased him and he was just a baby!!! Joey is so funny with his twin and how you doing. I love how Joey says it! Its so cool and it just suits him. That would of been so cool if he thought they were identical. Then Joey would bve rich!! And his fake twin who is so funny!
  • one of the funniest eps

the good part of this episode was when phoebe and rachel were trying to scare ross so then they jumped out at him scared him, and he screamed like a girl
    the monica and chandler part was boring
    rachel saying salmon skin roll instead of unagi was the second funniest part
    rated 9 for phoebe and rachel scaring ross