Fries With That?

YTV (ended 2004)

Fries With That? Fan Reviews (11)

7.7
  • Thanks for the memories!

I knew about this show quite a while before it debuted, thanks to thevestibules.com, which is the website of Paul Pare, Terence Bowman and Bernard Deniger, better known as The Vestibules. They were responsible for shaping Radio Active, then bringing life to Fries With That? Having followed their careers for the past 15 years or so, I've come to know their style well and have enjoyed the in-jokes put into both shows that only big fans of the group would get (I even thought the title "Fries With That?" was a reference to one of their skits, but was told by Paul that it wasn't).

The show revolves [mostly] around the working life of a group of teens at a fast food joint called Bulky's, run by a slightly inept assistant manager named Ben Shaw, who is not especially well-liked due to his picky nature. His fellow workers Alex, Pattie, Robyn and Tess are all normal teens with fairly normal problems, which is refreshing to see. I'm sure a lot of people who've watched the show can relate to their problems, especially the annoying manager thing. But of course, there are some truly wacky things that happen, too, which makes for a very fun show.

Though it has ended after two seasons, we have lots to be thankful for and hopefully it launches that talented group of actors to bigger things.