Fringe

A New Day in the Old Town

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Sep 17, 2009 on FOX

• Great show, even with blunders such as the ones found in this episode, it's still a great show that I enjoy watching for it's many strange ideas.

Love TV shows like Fringe, very creative ideas. I can forgo realism on mundane situations such as FBI agents in high heels, seem to be universal concept of all present day TV shows. But when an episode such as "A New Day In The Old Town" ends with such poorly thought through script then it pains me. Not since Will Smith disable an alien mother ship using an alien computer virus, have I felt so annoyed over a script getting produced.

The alien soldier can replicate/shape shift into another being. We saw that early in the show. But the process took time and the original body was where he first had changed, he didn't leave that apartment with 2 bodies behind. So when Charlie shoot the "nurse", and Peter with the new agent rush to where the shot came from, he somehow had time to: Change into Charlie, undress Him, hide the body, change clothing and someone have the body of the nurse available in the basement for them all to find....with gunshot wounds in her body now and in her own cloth again ... Where is the alien time stop machine...

Bad script, bad way of having Charlie being shape shifted, that could have been done 100 times better.