Fringe

A New Day in the Old Town

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Sep 17, 2009 on FOX

• This season premiere was exactly that I could expect from a show like Fringe.

Presentation Phase - » (10/10) could be a better way to start the premiere? I do not think so, this was simply excellent;

Complication Phase - » (8/10) as predicted, Olivia doesn´t remember what happened before she was tossed, she remains in the hospital and there a part that could make some people that Olivia was done, the villain was strange, nothing different, the patterns of investigation was good as usual, the new character was introduced and works not only as a replacement, but to ask for explanations, for the audience that is fresh to this show;

Climax Phase - » (9/10) the climax was surprising because I think was very hard to predict that one character would eventually die;

Ending - » (9/10) Was predictable for some part of the audience like me, but turn things in a new level, made me want to see more;

Details/Progress (To point A to B) -» (9/10) The necessary progress was made, Olivia is back, one character is death and a new villain that seems hard to kill;

Time and Scene Management - » (10/10) Didn´t notice fillers;

Plot Details/Holes- » (10/10) fine for now, ok, maybe it is strange Olivia sudden loss of memory, but this is a show where there are many questions to be answered;

Suspense/Tension - » (8/10) we had some parts with enough tension, but could be even better;

Drama - » (8/10) wasn´t the top drama, but was fine for the type of episode;

Surprises/Shocks/Twists - » (10/10) This episode is full of surprises, since Olivia appearance, one romance revealed and one death by the end of the episode.

This season premiere was exactly that I could expect from a show like Fringe.