Fringe

A New Day in the Old Town

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Sep 17, 2009 on FOX

• Premiere starting with a bang, they said...

... Who knew they could be so litteral? The premiere totally rocked. That was a kickass premiere for a brilliant show. The crash and Olivia rushing through the windshield definitely made me jump outta my chair. Plus, although we all know that since Olivia is a main lead, they probably wouldn't have killed her, so that kinda slowed the process of the first half of the episode and makes me wonder what it really was for. No brain activity and all of a sudden she's back?! Come on, there has to be some other explanation and i surely hope that there will be reasons for that. Anyway, questions, that's all this episode has been about. Answering some while posing others and that's the reason why I love this show. What is the object hidden, is the shapeshifter the bad guy or is it really a bad guy at all? I mean, in a war, both sides are convinced they're right about what they believe, so in their POV, the other side is always the baddie... Walter is lovely and sweet at the same time. His reaction to Olivia's health news really touched me. And with the ambulance ride reminded me so much of a child, it was cute and really nicely played.
    Peter is more pro-active and Olivia... well, she's confused and that's an understatement.

The shapeshifter plot was well put in my opinion. The typing machine stuff got me tripping, that was ♥ . What a way to communicate LOL. On the contrary, I'm still wondering about the real goal of that agent Jessup. What's the point of her being there by the way? To put a religion taste to anything related with the Pattern?? I don't know, we'll see.

As for Charlie, that's bad he got killed, but I think that this whole Sharlie thing will help development of Olivia's character somehow, in a bad or a good way. A lot of questions, as I said. But that's the exact reason why I love this show: you get to enjoy the hour of watching and when you're done you're free to speculate, wonder, theorize the impossibilities. This show is free to roam to any (im)possibilities and it keeps its fan wondering about it and for a curious fan like me, this is brilliant.