Fringe

Bound

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Jan 20, 2009 on FOX

• Olivia escapes from her captives but did she end up in even more danger?

I'm glad to see that one of my new favorites happened to return at the same level that it had left off at. In this episode we see what happened to Olivia after the abduction, and her return leads to more questions. We're also introduced to another baddie who uses his power and influence to take his revenge out on Olivia and the Fringe department just because she put him in jail for what he terms "chasing tail", though the charges were actually 3 counts of rape. Makes you wonder how he got out let alone how he managed to gain enough power within Homeland Security to investigate and take over Fringe. There's also the weirdness surrounding Olivia's abduction. Were they taking samples of her spinal fluid or injecting her with something. Just when you think that they finally caught up with Mitchell and that he was going to get his, he hints at an even bigger conspiracy-although you have to wonder if what he said is true, especially after what happened at the house.
    Aside from the action and the mystery of the episode, once again I loved the interaction with the characters. I loved how Walter kept teasing Peter about how much he worried about Olivia, and Peter's and Olivia's reaction to it. I like how they're doing a slow build with these two and going heavy handed with the yearning looks or even worse having them hook up too soon. I truly enjoyed the episode and I can't wait to see where the rest of the season will take us.