Fringe

Brave New World (2)

Aired Friday 9:00 PM May 11, 2012 on FOX

• Fringe SyFy

On any road trip, or temporal mission, investigative trail, long march and so on - you will have misadventures and missteps BUT as many will say "It's not the destination but the journey"...

I defer to the many comments and some critisims about Fringe - and accept that many are true - hence 9/10.

But as a series, and true to the core of science fiction action/drama - it has exceeded initial expectations and the decision to give another (abeit short) season to wrap things up properly is a credit to the actors, the writers, producers and the Fox.

Perhaps this season finale was not perfect but we keep moving in a rapt anticipation of series closure...

Too many series die in their infancy and are not given the chance to creatively shine - Fringe has burned so brightly and as such burns not quite so long - but either way it was/is worth the journey; I'll be tuning in for the final season.