Fringe

Everything In Its Right Place

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Apr 06, 2012 on FOX

• Lincoln-centric

Spoilers ahead ... Once more, the return of the Red universe heralds another great episode, that dares to go from hilarious ( FBI Gene ! ) to tragic without feeling disjointed. It rested on Seth Gabel's shoulders, and he really delivered. I think it's the first time I really like this Lincoln. You could feel his pain, and his doubts as he questions what made him different from "superman" Captain Lee ( not unlike Altstrid's path in "Making angels" ) ... and becomes a hero in his own right when his speech to the shapeshifter led into a major breakthrough in the Jones case. The 'shifter, by the way, was another fine example of Fringe's touching freaks. I initially thought that the fact that the new 'shifters were once human was a lie, it turns out it's not, and that's a good thing to make them relatable.

As for the ending ... it was obvious from the start that Blue Lincoln was willing to stay in the Red Universe permanently ... but was there no other way than killing his double ? Anyway, I forgive the writers since it was probably his only chance at happiness with his own Olivia ... and because I still hope the other Lincoln faked his death ( after all, he didn't seem that badly hurt, and he knew Jones has infiltrated 'shifters everywhere, so maybe he thought being presumed dead could give him an edge ).

Things are getting exciting. The clock is ticking for colonel Broyles ( obviously if he's a 'shifter, and even if he's not ), and since this Nina agreed to have her arm chopped and to be electrocuted for the cause, making her talk should be quite a challenge, and a blast to watch. Now, to the endgame !!!