Fringe

Five-Twenty-Ten

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Nov 16, 2012 on FOX

• What goes around comes around then comes back again ... sometimes

@ KarenRoper1

I was wondering exactly the same thing. There's also something about the way Winmark is acting that has me wondering, could Peter actually be the past version of Winmark?
  • (SPOILERS) Peter The Observer

This is one of the best Episodes of Fringe in my opinion. It is jammed packed full of exciting story telling.

While the team study the tapes, they learn that there is something of significant importance at a facility that Walter and William Bell used to use. However in order to get there, they will need Nina's help.

While Olivia, Walter and Astrid are at Nina's, Peter decides to go on a rouge mission. As Peter is learning to finely control the Observer abilities, he discovers that he can predict some of the top ranking observers movements. With the help of Anel, Peter switched a briefcase with one of the Observers.

Meanwhile, the rest of the team finish up talking to Nina and head to the facility where they eventually meet up with Peter. Olivia is noticeably worried about Peter and is concerned that she might be losing him. Peter reassures Olivia that everything is okay, however Olivia doesn't seem all that convinced.

Using some tech that Nina gave them, the team transformed rubble to gas as it was in their way to the entrance of the facility. Upon entry, Walter takes out William Bell's hand that he removed from amber and uses it to open a safe. Walter finds a photo of Nina, which belonged to Bell and also found a device. Peter activated the device and two cylinder beacons emerge from the ground.

Earlier while Walter was at Nina's, Nina expressed concern that Walter might be changing into the man he once was before parts of his brain was removed. Walter said that Peter and his love is enough to keep him from changing. Nina says that Peter might not be enough as she herself wasn't enough to stop Bell from

becoming obsessed with being God. Walter didn't seem worried as he said Bell never loved Nina as he only loved himself. So, when Walter found the photo of Nina, he finally understood that Bell did love Nina and her love wasn't enough.

As the leaved the facility Peter calls Anel and tells him to wait at the bottom of a high rise building. The high ranking observers met in an office in that building. They were each carrying a briefcase. When the observer opened his briefcase, which incidentally was the one Peter swapped out, there was a small explosion which emitted a flesh eating toxin that instantly killed the observers in the office. One of the observer's hats falls right in front of Anel.

Walter returns to Nina and says William did love her and tells Nina he is scared of becoming the man he once was and asks Nina if she can remove those pieces of brain again.

Later on Peter was in an apartment with information about the observers and more importantly Winmark. Olivia walks in and talks to Peter. Peter finally tells Olivia about the tech he implanted in his neck and says he is going to take out Winmark to avenge Etta. Olivia shocked and hurt, leaves the apartment.

........ Looks as though Peter is past the point of no return and is almost completely an Observer. His hair is also starting to fall out.

Excellent episode!! The way Peter was acting like an Observer was spot on and a bit creepy. Fantastic acting by Josh Jackson!! I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Isn't it funny that Olivia finally learns to show her emotions and now Peter is losing his by becoming an observer. This episode is definitely worth a 10/10 in my opinion.

Thank you.
  • 5x07 "Five-Twenty-Ten"

Very good episode untill the end. That scene with the David Bowie song and Walter and Peter made this episode awesome. Fring just keeps getting better and better.
  • this is more like it

OK so peter is becoming a terrorist... that 627 toxin is nasty stuff!! He will look weird if he goes bald. I was glad to see Nina and Olivia getting along. I hope the beacons bring September and or December back. Not many episodes left; but they are getting better and better!! I will be sad when it's over. I forgot to say it was neat they mentioned Kelvin Genetics (Unleashed). Hehe.
  • Not so bad this week

Well, I dont like this season. This is all too grey and sad, and the bounty hunt with the videotapes... I think is really boring. But I had fun in this episode following Peter's evolution. He started moving his head like a robot, like the observers do. I guess this is the most fun that we are going to have for the rest of Fringe, so let's enjoy it. The part of the episode with Peter following the observers was quite visual and better than any other piece I can remember from this season. For the rest, I cannot care enough for Walter's problem with his brain parts. I suppose he is going to become evil. It will be like having Walternate back. Oh well. Olivia will have to save everyone again.
  • Is this meant to happen?????

Now Peter is becoming more like the Observers - is he actually the first??? By putting the tech in his head has he created a paradox making him the start of the Observers?
  • "I'm losing myself"

Let's start with the usual praise about the acting : Joshua Jackson was great, definitely more Observer-like than last week, but maskerading it behind fake smiles reminding us this guy used to be a con man. The way he looked at Walter in the lab at the beginning, like he doesn't understand humans any more, sent chills down my bones ! John Noble was also awesome in his scenes with Blair Brown : both were good, actually ( when Nina meets Olivia, I almost cried ! ), switching effortlessly between helpless Walter and Walternate-level of coldness ( "He never loved you". Ouch, THAT was hard ! ) Anna Torv sells Olivia's concern ( and horror in the end ) very well, even she hasn't much to do.

This episode had it all : cool Fringe science ( the toxin from the pilot, and the "matter-to-gas" thing, even if I'm a bit disappointed they didn't consider the phasing tech from season 1's "Safe" ), good jokes ( Walter whining about Bell stealing his discs ), cute moments ( Astrid and Walter, awwww .... ). Besides the fact that the plot about Walter's plan is STILL not moving forward, the only thing I can complain about is the recap about Bell's involvement in the beginning : why is Astrid saying all this ? Walter was there, he should remember ! Actually, he even says he does. The writers aren't usually so clumsy with exposition ... That glitch aside, the episode was really great.
  • Fringe.

What an episode, it was great to see Nina Sharpe again, What has Peter done to himself. Is he changing into an Observer, its seems so. Is Walter going to have the pieces of his brain removed again & i have to say Olivia is starting to freak out over Peter's sudden change, now that she knows he has the device in his brain. I will miss this show when it ends.
  • WILL PETER BEGIN TO LOSE HIS HAIR?

will he be able to protect walter from becomming the man he use to be???esp if he himself is becomming the man he never was. and will they take that trip they so oft talked about b/4---b/4 the,the incident...will he tell olivia he is metamorphing into a man with a taste for too much spice,too little hair and prob not enough sperm to have another Etta...will Nina get a better wig for her next appearance and will belly lend a hand to other activities???will the observer have plastic surgery or is that just too much story? these and other questions may...or may not be answered..but tune in anyway-it'l be fun!!!!!!!!