Fringe Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Completely new show

crenshawdk

[1]Nov 19, 2012
    • level: 7

Forget about season 1-4 that was the old show. Season 5 is the new spin-off fringe and if you stop comparing the two then I'm sure the haters will look at season 5 in a completely new light and discover that it's actually really great in its own right. The acting is great, the characters are well developed and keep developing, the direction is top notch and the plot is really strong so whats not to like?

I wish they'd extend this new show because there's so much more to explore in this new timeline and the observers are a really interesting concept that deserves more exploring.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MatthewRaiche

[2]Dec 20, 2012
    • level: 5
    What's not to like? Well, other than being extremely dull, uncreative, and based on the ridiculous-even-for-science-fiction idea of humans from the distant future attempting to take over the present, I guess there's nothing to not like.

ionee24

[3]Dec 22, 2012
    • level: 32
    I see it as the same show, just because we're seeing it from te Observers's perspective, doesn't make it a different show.

Linc-o

[4]Jan 12, 2013
    • level: 13
    MatthewRaiche wrote:
    What's not to like? Well, other than being extremely dull, uncreative, and based on the ridiculous-even-for-science-fiction idea of humans from the distant future attempting to take over the present, I guess there's nothing to not like.

Go home, Matt.

BTW, to OP (crenshawdk), season 4 was already a new show. 1st reboot started there.
    Edited on 01/12/2013 9:18pm

MajLorne

[5]Jan 18, 2013
    • level: 21

Season 5 was full of holes. I just can't believe if the observers are so omnipotent, they can't use satellites to monitor cell phones or facial recognition. And you'd think some of the characters would try on some disguises to make themselves look different as they are wanted fugitives. In the cases they were in Manhattan, how do they get around without raising suspicion? I'm sorry, I loved the show, but the inconsistency for a show that prides itself on being realistic, was just too much. I stuck thru to the end and am sad to say that there was little redeeming this season other than the unique ways of using past fringe cases to kill observers/loyalists. there was no 'joy' in the season at all. I'm happy season4 ended as it did and would take that as the real finale.

Edited on 01/18/2013 8:34pm

KxGx

[6]Jan 19, 2013
    • level: 6
    IMO as we saw from big boss man observer the resistance were 'insignificant' The observers (other than the original team and winmark) were so arrogant that they felt they did not need that kind of thing.
    You saw Winmark on several occasions almost plead with BBMO to focus on the resistance but he was not interested. I dont think, in the grand scheme of things, Winmark called that many shots. Remember it was like 20 years or so since the invasion. They were in control. That technology was most likely beneath them.

MajLorne

[7]Jan 19, 2013
    • level: 21
    While true, they did have the loyalists, who I'm sure would've used the very same techs at their disposal in order to appease their observer 'masters'. But with the multiple times they went in and out of NYC, you'd think the observers would've called for more of their own to be stationed there and teleport in and out at will.