Fringe Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Need your guys' thoughts on something about Season 4

SorryOldHorse

[1]May 30, 2012
    • level: 2

Okay, so I've been showing my father the entirety of Fringe. We watch two episodes a day, and tomorrow is when we're watching the season 3 finale and the season 4 premiere back-to-back (I have every episode downloaded and stored in separate folders )

What I'm unable to decide on is whether or not to show him the Letters of Transit episode in the order that it aired, or to skip it and show it after the season 4 finale so it serves as a better surprise? I feel like seeing what happened in Letters of Transit, and then having September tell Walter "they are coming" kind of lessened the impact of it for me.

TL;DR - Should I show my father Letters of Transit as it originally aired, or show it after the season 4 finale?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[2]May 30, 2012
    • level: 14

SorryOldHorse wrote:

Okay, so I've been showing my father the entirety of Fringe. We watch two episodes a day, and tomorrow is when we're watching the season 3 finale and the season 4 premiere back-to-back (I have every episode downloaded and stored in separate folders )

What I'm unable to decide on is whether or not to show him the Letters of Transit episode in the order that it aired, or to skip it and show it after the season 4 finale so it serves as a better surprise? I feel like seeing what happened in Letters of Transit, and then having September tell Walter "they are coming" kind of lessened the impact of it for me.

TL;DR - Should I show my father Letters of Transit as it originally aired, or show it after the season 4 finale?

Since the 19th episode of every season is always the oddball one out of the season, I think your idea is a good one. Especially considering how much LOT forecasts about both the season 4 finale and season 5 to come.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[3]May 31, 2012
    • level: 13
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

SorryOldHorse wrote:

Since the 19th episode of every season is always the oddball one out of the season, I think your idea is a good one. Especially considering how much LOT forecasts about both the season 4 finale and season 5 to come.

Agreed!

SorryOldHorse

[4]May 31, 2012
    Alright, thanks guys!

historylover20

[5]May 31, 2012
    • level: 28

I agree with everyone else. "Letters of Transit" didn't add anything to the storyline in seasons 1-4, although it will affect season 5. I'd say wait until after "Brave New World 2".

Kat

SorryOldHorse

[6]Jun 1, 2012
    historylover20 wrote:

I agree with everyone else. "Letters of Transit" didn't add anything to the storyline in seasons 1-4, although it will affect season 5. I'd say wait until after "Brave New World 2".

Kat

Exactly. He'll never see it coming.

It's funny, because my dad is in his late 60s and doesnt watch much sci-fi but I've convinced him to watch this. The last time he watched something with sci-fi in it was when Lost was on TV, and he told me that he was only able to make it a little bit into season 3 before finding it tedious and slow (while I, a year after it ended, watched the entire thing over the span of a few months). Hes shown great interest in certain parts of Fringe such as the Observers, and when the two Olivias switched roles at the beginning of Season 3. He said it irritated him greatly that Olivia wasn't in the right universe hahaha. and now he's been asking me about Peter, and we just finished episode 3 of season 4. He'll get his answers tomorrow though.

historylover20

[7]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 28

Keep us posted on how he likes it. You may convert him!

Kat

SorryOldHorse

[8]Jun 4, 2012
    Id say hes converted if hes made it this far haha

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[9]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 13
    SorryOldHorse wrote:
    Id say hes converted if hes made it this far haha

Lol. But, as previously stated, keep us posted on how he likes it and his comments or questions.