Fringe Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: Brave New World (1) (possible spoilers)

MajLorne

[21]May 5, 2012
    • level: 21
    No, DRJ's death from season1 was negated because Peter was erased from existence and never closed the portal on him. As I said, DRJ had cellular degeneration and whatever was 'holding him together' must've been 'deactivated' when he was electrocuted. Thus causing the 'melting'.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SorryOldHorse

[22]May 6, 2012
    • level: 2

That was a hell of an episode. I cannot even begin to recall the amount of times I said "WHAT?!" in shock to seeing Bell alive (and also thankful that I didnt see his name in the beginning credits, as it no doubt was).

Edited on 05/08/2012 10:20am

historylover20

[23]May 6, 2012
    • level: 28

Great episode. I missed Leonard Nimoy's name, so my jaw dropped when I saw him. It's funny, because no matter how bad Bell probably is, I can't help but like him. Leonard Nimoy automatically elicits good will.

Didn't DJR get electrocuted, which is why half his face turned to ashes? Now, the electrocution by itself doesn't mean he'd turn to ashes, so there's something else going on there.

Didn't Olivia imply she was pregnant at the beginning by asking Peter if their bed and breakfast has a nursery? If she is pregnant, then her hormones plus the cortexiphan may be bringing out latent powers. It really didn't bother me.

Poor Astrid. But she got to kick some butt, and I was glad to see that!

Kat

apjccjqa

[24]May 6, 2012
    • level: 9

I'm guessing DRJ still teleported out of that german prison in this timeline, and wasn't his body unstable just from that? It doesn't even have anything to do with the portal closing, since that didn't happen in this timeline. whatever cellular regeneration he needed after the initial teleporting was nullified by the electrocution apparently.

Edited on 05/06/2012 10:43am

Hungry_Homer111

[25]May 6, 2012
    • level: 26
    historylover20 wrote:
    Didn't Olivia imply she was pregnant at the beginning by asking Peter if their bed and breakfast has a nursery? If she is pregnant, then her hormones plus the cortexiphan may be bringing out latent powers. It really didn't bother me.

Great point. I did think of the possibility that she was pregnant, but I didn't think about it possibly contributing to her powers. It could make sense, given the fact that the baby itself has Cotexiphan in her (as seen in "Letters of Transit"), and the connection between them could give Olivia the combined strength of her and Ella.

BarryWeen3

[26]May 6, 2012
    • level: 14

Great episode.

Loved Nimoy returning and he again looks different from his previous appearances because the timeline has changed.

Kinda of funny when Olivia took over Peter like a Nintendo Wii game.

I also gotta give props to all those extras that had to stand still during that opening sequence. "nobody move, I think if you move, you die.."

Had a feeling that there was more to Rebecca Mader's character and that she would return in Part 2.

Wonder if that part at the end of the preview for Part 2is theanswer tothe questions of what it was that Bell did to Olivia that Walter refers to in Letters of Transit and who it is that is destined to "kill" Olivia.

GabrielaFab

[29]May 6, 2012

buildam2005 wrote:

I wonder if Bell was the master villain in the old timeline? He never came across as such when he did interact with the Fringe team; heck, he sacrificed himself to help them! And DRJ did try to kill him--or was that all an act and he was really going to the other side at the end of season one to meet up with him? If he was just going to meet up with him, that lie seems rather unnecessary. This is all very intriguing to me.

Oh i am pretty sure they will have another twist for us, explaining the relationship between DRJ and Bell but it is pretty clear to me that Bell has some serious God issues

historylover20 wrote:

I think Olivia was just saying she wants to have children ,not that she is pregnant!

MajLorne

[30]May 6, 2012
    • level: 21
    Ever since Peter and Olivia confirmed their feelings for each other, it is possible they had sex and decided to take their relationship to the next level by having a child. I think that child could be a reason why her powers were amplified.

In a sort of related note Stargate Atlantis, the character Teyla was pregnant and her wraith powers became amplified.

historylover20

[31]May 7, 2012

Also, considering that we know Henrietta was born in 2012, this means that Olivia needs to be pregnant now (unless they're planning on repeating the accelerated pregnancy thing.)

John Noble's real life daughter, Samantha, played St. Clair's administrator.

Kat

Edited on 05/07/2012 1:47pm

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[32]May 7, 2012
    • level: 13
    historylover20 wrote:

Also, considering that we know Henrietta was born in 2012, this means that Olivia needs to be pregnant now (unless they're planning on repeating the accelerated pregnancy thing.)

John Noble's real life daughter, Stephanie, played St. Clair's administrator.

Kat

We know from the episode Letters of Transit that Peter and Olivia's daughter Henrietta was born in either late 2011 or early to mid 2012. We know from the episode Bloodline that Peter and Fauxlivia's son Henry was born in 2011. We know from the episode The End Of All Things that Peter's son was born to the wrong Olivia.

This would suggest that by the end of this season or the beginning of the next season, our Olivia will become pregnant and give birth to a child. I am hopeful that in the season finale, any and all ambiguities concerning William Bell, Peter, Olivia, and Peter and Olivia's child can be finally cleared up.

Don_Moltisanti

[33]May 7, 2012
    • level: 12

Good episode. There are still alot of questions that i would like to see answered.

I posted a topic about William Bell yesterday but they were both taken down for some ridiculous reason. Does the administrator have a stick in there ass?

Anyway the post was about william bell and the first 3 seasons of Fringe. IN the 1st season we were led to believe that he was behind all the bad things that were happening. Most of the tech came from his company and the people who were involved were also from his company. Then in season 2 we see that he is helping Olivia, he helped her find Newton and sacrificed his life so they could get home. Then in season 3 even when he was in OLivia he sacrificed himself again so she could live. Dos this really sound like someone who is trying to be god?

I know that this is a different timeline, well from 1984 onward. If he is behind it now then he had to be behind it in the other timeline, right? It seems a bit improbable that Jones would be doing all of it without Bell in the OT(other timeline) So why did Bell sacrificed himself later on?

Maybe Bell did not put his plan into action in the OT and so Jones felt spurned and so he decided to kill Bell to prove how great he was. Maybe Jones was telling the truth in season 1 and he was just trying to kill Bell. There are other parts that dont make sense to me but i cant remember them right now.

Any thoughts on all this? I can see it from both sides i just hope that it gets cleared up.

The girl who was in the lab(Rebecca Mader) as she one of the cortexiphan kids, from the first season the one who had a twin sister and went up in smoke. Th whole thing with Boston being set on fire this is what happened to the Alternate Boston in the first season is it not?

historylover20

[34]May 7, 2012

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    historylover20 wrote:

Kat

We know from the episode Letters of Transit that Peter and Olivia's daughter Henrietta was born in either late 2011 or early to mid 2012. We know from the episode Bloodline that Peter and Fauxlivia's son Henry was born in 2011. We know from the episode The End Of All Things that Peter's son was born to the wrong Olivia. This would suggest that by the end of this season or the beginning of the next season, our Olivia will become pregnant and give birth to a child. I am hopeful that in the season finale, any and all ambiguities concerning William Bell, Peter, Olivia, and Peter and Olivia's child can be finally cleared up.

Henrietta was born sometime in 2012. She was 4 years old in 2016, which would mean she's born in 2012.

(And Henry is still out of the equation. Not only was he born to the wrong Olivia, but he also has no cortexiphan powers. He doesn't exist. The only reason why he did exist was to be used by Walternate to start the machine.)

With regards to Bell, I never trusted him. Don't get me wrong--I liked him from the moment he appeared, but I never trusted him. He has always had something up his sleeve, even in the prime universe. So, it actually doesn't surprise me that he's trying to be a god.

Kat

Edited on 05/07/2012 1:53pm

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[35]May 8, 2012
    historylover20 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    historylover20 wrote:

Kat

We know from the episode Letters of Transit that Peter and Olivia's daughter Henrietta was born in either late 2011 or early to mid 2012. We know from the episode Bloodline that Peter and Fauxlivia's son Henry was born in 2011. We know from the episode The End Of All Things that Peter's son was born to the wrong Olivia. This would suggest that by the end of this season or the beginning of the next season, our Olivia will become pregnant and give birth to a child. I am hopeful that in the season finale, any and all ambiguities concerning William Bell, Peter, Olivia, and Peter and Olivia's child can be finally cleared up.

Henrietta was born sometime in 2012. She was 4 years old in 2016, which would mean she's born in 2012.

(And Henry is still out of the equation. Not only was he born to the wrong Olivia, but he also has no cortexiphan powers. He doesn't exist. The only reason why he did exist was to be used by Walternate to start the machine.)

With regards to Bell, I never trusted him. Don't get me wrong--I liked him from the moment he appeared, but I never trusted him. He has always had something up his sleeve, even in the prime universe. So, it actually doesn't surprise me that he's trying to be a god.

Kat

Henrietta could have been born in late 2011. Just means that she was 4 in 2016 at the time of mentioning but could have turned five later in the year. For example having a birthday in September or later.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[36]May 8, 2012
    Don_Moltisanti wrote:

Good episode. There are still alot of questions that i would like to see answered.

I posted a topic about William Bell yesterday but they were both taken down for some ridiculous reason. Does the administrator have a stick in there ass?

Anyway the post was about william bell and the first 3 seasons of Fringe. IN the 1st season we were led to believe that he was behind all the bad things that were happening. Most of the tech came from his company and the people who were involved were also from his company. Then in season 2 we see that he is helping Olivia, he helped her find Newton and sacrificed his life so they could get home. Then in season 3 even when he was in OLivia he sacrificed himself again so she could live. Dos this really sound like someone who is trying to be god?

I know that this is a different timeline, well from 1984 onward. If he is behind it now then he had to be behind it in the other timeline, right? It seems a bit improbable that Jones would be doing all of it without Bell in the OT(other timeline) So why did Bell sacrificed himself later on?

Maybe Bell did not put his plan into action in the OT and so Jones felt spurned and so he decided to kill Bell to prove how great he was. Maybe Jones was telling the truth in season 1 and he was just trying to kill Bell. There are other parts that dont make sense to me but i cant remember them right now.

Any thoughts on all this? I can see it from both sides i just hope that it gets cleared up.

The girl who was in the lab(Rebecca Mader) as she one of the cortexiphan kids, from the first season the one who had a twin sister and went up in smoke. Th whole thing with Boston being set on fire this is what happened to the Alternate Boston in the first season is it not?

This whole thing about William Bell doesn't make sense to me either. I agree with your points. Also, in Letters in Transit, William Bell was frozen in amber with Peter Bishop as they both appeared to be working on the same thing. Which would suggetst he and Peter were working together. But why would that be if he supposedly did something horrible to Olivia in that time line? Or if he was working against Peter, Olivia, and Walter?

I hope that is cleared up in the final episode.

SorryOldHorse

[37]May 8, 2012

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Don_Moltisanti wrote:

This whole thing about William Bell doesn't make sense to me either. I agree with your points. Also, in Letters in Transit, William Bell was frozen in amber with Peter Bishop as they both appeared to be working on the same thing. Which would suggetst he and Peter were working together. But why would that be if he supposedly did something horrible to Olivia in that time line? Or if he was working against Peter, Olivia, and Walter? I hope that is cleared up in the final episode.

Either that or the season will end on a cliffhanger like season 3 did.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[38]May 8, 2012
    SorryOldHorse wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Don_Moltisanti wrote:

This whole thing about William Bell doesn't make sense to me either. I agree with your points. Also, in Letters in Transit, William Bell was frozen in amber with Peter Bishop as they both appeared to be working on the same thing. Which would suggetst he and Peter were working together. But why would that be if he supposedly did something horrible to Olivia in that time line? Or if he was working against Peter, Olivia, and Walter? I hope that is cleared up in the final episode.

Either that or the season will end on a cliffhanger like season 3 did.

Agreed! Jut seems like they are dangling too much information out there without connecting the dots.

hamster45

[39]May 9, 2012
    • level: 1

BarryWeen3 wrote:

Great episode.

Wonder if that part at the end of the preview for Part 2 is the answer to the questions of what it was that Bell did to Olivia that Walter refers to in Letters of Transit and who it is that is destined to "kill" Olivia.

We are all assuming that Olivia is going to die but i'm not sure that she is. September said that in all possible futures she HAS to die, this is not the same as WILL die. Obviously Olivia is important to Bells plan, or rather her abilities are (shapeshifter Nina giving her extra Cortexifan to wake up her powers). Maybe the point is that if she dies she can't be used by Belly, his plans fail and everyone else survives. Those Fringe writers has sent us in the wrong way before, look at the whole off season 3 preparing Walter to lose Peter and then they write him out off excistence so Walter doesn't even remember anyway. Maybe the point is that Olivia has to sacrifice herself for everyone else, pulling Bellys new universe closed on herself maybe.

DanielWeclewi

[40]May 9, 2012
    • level: 4

Don_Moltisanti wrote:

I thought about this to and something struck my mind. I dont know if this has been discussed but I havent thought about this untill now.
    Obviously there has to be two Bells, just like theres two Walter Bishops. There was a lot of talking about Bell being dead in this ep and probably one of them did die in that car crash, the other one is still alive. This explains the "two sides" of Bell and all the alterior motives.
    Now which one is which is a good question since Bell have crossed over between the universes before.

I also have had a theory about why they are doing all this for a while, and its beggining to make sense now.
    Obviously neighter Jones or Bell is just straight up evil, and doing this stuff for fun. I think that they are not so bad althought they maybe use a bit unorthodox methodes. Infact I think that they are doing this for what they belive is the "greater good"