We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Fringe Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: Brave New World (1) (possible spoilers)

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[41]May 9, 2012
    • level: 13
    Wouldn't it be a crazy twist in the Season Finale if our Walter has to kill Olivia for the greater good???
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hamster45

[42]May 9, 2012
    • level: 1

does anyone know if Anna Torv has been signed up for season 5?

npanzer

[43]May 9, 2012
    • level: 2
    so, if the writers didn't know if there was gonna have a season 5 and this 8 episodes were made to be the lasts then olivia will die this friday according to september's prediction. hope they find a way to save her. imagine a whole season without her? or they are gonna find a way to bring her back. everything is possible.

BarryWeen3

[44]May 9, 2012
    • level: 14

npanzer wrote:
    so, if the writers didn't know if there was gonna have a season 5 and this 8 episodes were made to be the lasts then olivia will die this friday according to september's prediction. hope they find a way to save her. imagine a whole season without her? or they are gonna find a way to bring her back. everything is possible.

Well apparently the writers had written two versions of the season finale. One if it was the series finale and another version as a season finale. The alternate ending is going to be on the season 4 DVD set.

RafaelGoulart

[45]May 10, 2012
    • level: 5

Joel Wyman revealed on his twitter account that this rumor about they filming two finales wasn't true, and that it was one finale all along, had the series been picked up for a fifth season or not.

BarryWeen3

[46]May 10, 2012
    • level: 14

RafaelGoulart wrote:

Joel Wyman revealed on his twitter account that this rumor about they filming two finales wasn't true, and that it was one finale all along, had the series been picked up for a fifth season or not.

Awww...too bad...would have been interesting to have an alternate ending.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[47]May 10, 2012
    hamster45 wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

Great episode.

Wonder if that part at the end of the preview for Part 2 is the answer to the questions of what it was that Bell did to Olivia that Walter refers to in Letters of Transit and who it is that is destined to "kill" Olivia.

We are all assuming that Olivia is going to die but i'm not sure that she is. September said that in all possible futures she HAS to die, this is not the same as WILL die. Obviously Olivia is important to Bells plan, or rather her abilities are (shapeshifter Nina giving her extra Cortexifan to wake up her powers). Maybe the point is that if she dies she can't be used by Belly, his plans fail and everyone else survives. Those Fringe writers has sent us in the wrong way before, look at the whole off season 3 preparing Walter to lose Peter and then they write him out off excistence so Walter doesn't even remember anyway. Maybe the point is that Olivia has to sacrifice herself for everyone else, pulling Bellys new universe closed on herself maybe.

I am not assuming that Olivia will die in the finale. She hasn't had a child yet and in all possible futures we seen so far, she at least had a child before something happened to her. Since she has not had her child yet, I am assuming that she will not die in the finale. However, I do think that Bell needs Olivia to make his plan work and it might come down to having to take out Olivia to defeat Bell.

MajLorne

[48]May 13, 2012
    • level: 21
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Wouldn't it be a crazy twist in the Season Finale if our Walter has to kill Olivia for the greater good???
    Damn, you were right on the mark with that call.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[49]May 14, 2012
    MajLorne wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Damn, you were right on the mark with that call.

Thanks. When I originally posted that, I stated if our Walter had to SHOOT and kill Olivia. But I erased it to leave myself some wiggle room. I have another for you. When September said, "They are coming", he was referring to the Observers from Letter of Transit which we will find out next season was not form our Peter's universe or timeline. The only reason why they showed you that universe and timeline in Letters of Transit was to give the viewers a peak at why it was so important for the right Olivia to have a SON with Peter and to preview next season's bad guys.

danharr

[50]May 22, 2012
    • level: 46

Good episode Olivias powers are growing quickly, Astrid shot, and Walter and Bell meet again on to the season finale.

Dewbak75

[51]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 18

finally got caught up on Season 4, there isn't a whole lot I can say about this episode that hasn't been said, except one thing. I thought that little "nursery? back-and-forth between Peter and Olivia was one of the most romantic versions of the "do we want kids" talk a tv couple has ever had, and both actors knocked it out of the park, especially given how simple it was.