Fringe Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: Do Shapeshifters Dream... (possible spoilers)

Cyberfairy

[21]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 6
    I don't think they actually knew Newton was a shapeshifter, so they just locked him up as usual.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cloakedfx

[23]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 1

It was an alright episode. 7.5/10. There were some LOL moments, but I really liked how the shapeshifters are able to develop authentic emotions and feelings for the people they are living with (family, loved ones, etc.). I felt very sad and sorry for the cop shapeshifter.

MistyAnn22

[24]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 4

I agree about the shape shifters with feelings, I think that is one of the few intresting things in this episode. I hope that comes back into play, maby walter and them will meet some who will help them, because of the people they care about in that world.

pandyangel

[25]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 5
    I liked the episode

fringelover

[26]Oct 18, 2010

sramv9 wrote:
    they may not have known, but they know anyone can be, so who more likely than someone from the other side - they were doing blood tests on all their own government people, but they wouldn't check him?

I was thinking similar thoughts...you'd think they'd at least have a camera on him.....or did they???? And I'm sure Fauxlivia had to sign in as a visitor. And wouldn't they find Ray in the trunk???? I'm sure Ray didn't know as much as the senator so his brain won't give them too much. I'm sure Fauxlivia will say she went to question him, but it seems like she's doing a lot of things without Broyles knowledge...

Did the sianide pill fry Newton's brains...?

After my second viewing I still think it's a good episode, but I have lots of questions. Who's going to help her now??? I'm sure there are more agents over here - so I guess it's back to the typewriter to ask for help.

Did anyone else notice how Peter was watching Fauxlivia when they were walking down the hall with the senators wife?

I think Peter is going to have an "Ah ha!" moment just like Walter does all the time....something out of the blue will trigger his brain and he'll realize somethings wrong....Fauxlivia.

Looks like they are keeping Rachel & Ella out of the storylines this season...at least so far.

fringelover

[29]Oct 19, 2010
    Peter knows somethings wrong. I think he's keeping an eye on everything she does. Did you see how he was watching her when they brought the senator's wife in (as they were walking down the hall!). It wasn't an infatuation look it was a studying her look...in my opinion.

I think he has a plan in the back of his mind to get to the bottom of the changes but I don't think he's 100% sure why there are differences. For all he knows it could have been a physiological/psychological reaction to crossing over.

I think telling her he's noticed differences is a ploy to get to the truth. She's even more nervous/under more pressure about her position so she's more apt to mess up.

I'm not sure he's put 2 and 2 together to realize they switched Olivia's on him.

Wonder who's going to help Altivia now????

danharr

[31]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 45

Great episode real good giving the shape shifters emotions and Bolivia getting closer to Peter can't wait to see what happens when she has to hurt the crew or go back to her world.

Jacks_Son

[32]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 13

Anyone have an opinion on what was going through Faux-Livia's mind when she has to excuse herself to go to theladies'room?

angelust34

[33]Oct 20, 2010
    • level: 9
    I can't wait to see Walter work miracles with Massive Dynamic technology at his disposal, not to mention his brilliant mind.

fringelover

[34]Oct 20, 2010

Jacks_Son wrote:

Anyone have an opinion on what was going through Faux-Livia's mind when she has to excuse herself to go to theladies'room?

I honestly don't have a definite clue of what was going through Faux-livia's mind in the bathroom scene. A number of reviews I've read believe she's falling for Peter. I just don't see that. We've seen how she is with Frank and I don't see that with Peter. She's distracting Peter to get what she wants. He's just a job. So, my best opinion would be that this pretending to be someone else is taking it's toll on her and she needed a break.

Jacks_Son

[35]Oct 20, 2010

fringelover wrote:

I honestly don't have a definite clue of what was going through Faux-livia's mind in the bathroom scene. A number of reviews I've read believe she's falling for Peter. I just don't see that. We've seen how she is with Frank and I don't see that with Peter. She's distracting Peter to get what she wants. He's just a job. So, my best opinion would be that this pretending to be someone else is taking it's toll on her and she needed a break.

It's gotta be a stressful situation and with Newton constantly doubting her resolve, she must be going nuts. I've got to re-watch the episode. Her "guess the occupation" was totally odd and made even Peter raise his eyebrows.

fringelover

[36]Oct 21, 2010
    I just had a thought about Peter & Alt-livia's conversation in the restaurant....the part about walking in someone else's shoes...maybe he should forgive Walter, because he doesn't know what Walter was going through.

Jacks_Son

[37]Oct 21, 2010

I think in some small way, Peter has already forgiven Walter. Peter was VERY angry with Walter towards the end of last season, but you could see the terror and fear in his eyes when he thought the shapeshifter might have gone after Walter. When Walter regained consciousness, did he call Peter "son"?

CaptainHarkness

[38]Oct 21, 2010
    • level: 23

Very great episode. nice to see Walter in Massive Dynamic, I wonder if he'll bring Gene along? Also I liked seeing that the Shapeshifters can feel emotions and care like that. Maybe they'll go back to that at some point.

Lil-Ms

[39]Oct 22, 2010
    • level: 12

The storyline with the shape-shifter with feelings reminded me of V. The aliens in V aren't supposed to have feelings like humans, but some of them have developed feelings and in one episode we saw a V who had been infiltrating humans on earth and living with a family as a human, he had developed feelings for them, very similar to the shape-shifter in this episode.

I like the fact that shape-shifters can have feelings, it's interesting and I hope we see more of it. Maybe several shape-shifters will change sides and fight for our world instead of the alt-world?

I think Peter and Walter will soon realize Olivia isn't really their Olivia. But I don't think Peter knows yet, otherwise he wouldn't have slept with Altlivia.

Also, I thought it was clear that Newton died after taking that pill.

Jacks_Son wrote:

I think she was thinking of her fiancée in her world.

Before they were leaving the restaurant she and Peter were watching a couple, and Peter said the couple hadn't slept together and that you could always see when a couple were about to take that next step. Just like Peter and Olivia/Altlivia, they are a couple and at that point they had not slept together yet, but Peter's comment made it sound like they were about to take that step, just like the couple they were observing.

So I think Altlivia realized she was gonna have to sleep with Peter to keep up the illusion that she is our Olivia and it made her think about herfiancéeand how she misses him.

Jacks_Son

[40]Oct 22, 2010

Lil-Ms wrote:

I think she was thinking of her fiancée in her world.

Before they were leaving the restaurant she and Peter were watching a couple, and Peter said the couple hadn't slept together and that you could always see when a couple were about to take that next step. Just like Peter and Olivia/Altlivia, they are a couple and at that point they had not slept together yet, but Peter's comment made it sound like they were about to take that step, just like the couple they were observing.

So I think Altlivia realized she was gonna have to sleep with Peter to keep up the illusion that she is our Olivia and it made her think about her fiancée and how she misses him.

Good reasoning, but she blew out her breath while she leaned against the bathroom door. So, you may be right about thinking about taking the next step. I don't think she was thinking about her boyfriend though.