Fringe Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: Nothing As It Seems (possible spoilers)

marknmo

[22]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 12
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    teahubb wrote:

i like that things are getting easier to handle for everyone. i love that peter now knows that it is his olivia, he just now needs to realize that this basically is his timeline, its just been rewritten. and the whole freaky animal barge, jones is becoming more of a dr. moreo character. i do hope they don't get loose! and how did that chick get the injection meds? that's a mystery in itself! to find out that the one hybrid was her brother and she was talking about them being adam and eve, that was pretty gross. she needs to be watched closely! can't wait for this weeks episode!!!

The Barge of Dr Morrow. LOL.

That whole last scene confused me as well. At first, I wasn't sure if that was the same girl that grew wings and flew away earlier in the show or someone else. Secondly, that whole adam and eve marketing slogan would only fit IMO if they had already perfected the intended process. Since the process is not perfected (as seen by the rejects on the barge), there was no way they could advertise the idea to other people in an "inviting" enough way to get more test candidates. What do you say to a potential candidate? "Would you like to be the king of the new human race? Well take these injections and this MAY take you there or turn you into a monster???"

I don't think the other monsters were rejects of the serum. I believe DRJ is creating a whole slew of new creatures to repopulate the planet with. That barge was his Noah's Ark - one male and one female of each of the species from his design. I believe his plan is to take all of these creatures to some remote location (probably an island) and then use the amphilicite he's been gathering to destroy the rest of the world killing all of the human race and everything else with it. Once the earth is wiped clean, he can unleash his creatures on it and be the new god (creator) of life on earth. The only thing I'm having trouble wrapping my head around is what exactly he needs Olivia for. He was trying to force her to strengthen her powers a few episodes back, but for what reason, we don't know yet. It could be possible that he's going to take her with him to this island and he and Olivia will play the role of Adam and Eve for the new enhanced human race.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[23]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 13
    marknmo wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    teahubb wrote:

i like that things are getting easier to handle for everyone. i love that peter now knows that it is his olivia, he just now needs to realize that this basically is his timeline, its just been rewritten. and the whole freaky animal barge, jones is becoming more of a dr. moreo character. i do hope they don't get loose! and how did that chick get the injection meds? that's a mystery in itself! to find out that the one hybrid was her brother and she was talking about them being adam and eve, that was pretty gross. she needs to be watched closely! can't wait for this weeks episode!!!

The Barge of Dr Morrow. LOL.

That whole last scene confused me as well. At first, I wasn't sure if that was the same girl that grew wings and flew away earlier in the show or someone else. Secondly, that whole adam and eve marketing slogan would only fit IMO if they had already perfected the intended process. Since the process is not perfected (as seen by the rejects on the barge), there was no way they could advertise the idea to other people in an "inviting" enough way to get more test candidates. What do you say to a potential candidate? "Would you like to be the king of the new human race? Well take these injections and this MAY take you there or turn you into a monster???"

I don't think the other monsters were rejects of the serum. I believe DRJ is creating a whole slew of new creatures to repopulate the planet with. That barge was his Noah's Ark - one male and one female of each of the species from his design. I believe his plan is to take all of these creatures to some remote location (probably an island) and then use the amphilicite he's been gathering to destroy the rest of the world killing all of the human race and everything else with it. Once the earth is wiped clean, he can unleash his creatures on it and be the new god (creator) of life on earth. The only thing I'm having trouble wrapping my head around is what exactly he needs Olivia for. He was trying to force her to strengthen her powers a few episodes back, but for what reason, we don't know yet. It could be possible that he's going to take her with him to this island and he and Olivia will play the role of Adam and Eve for the new enhanced human race.

I could be wrong but I disagree. If I was creating a Noah's arc, it definitely would not be on a barge. In that last scene of the episode, when the camera panned away from the barge, it was clear that the barge was not moving or heading anywhere. If he planned to take those creatures to a remote island, the barge would have been moving in some sort of direction. I think the captain of that ship was storing them there so that they would not be found by anyone. Also, if they were to escape, they would be in the middle of nowhere and would probably not survive outside of the barge. I think the only reasons why he is keeping these rejects alive is so that he can utitlize them to ascertain how he went wrong with each previous serum made and use the surviving creatures towards perfecting his serum. I think DrJ wants to create a race of metahumans that have morphic abilities, advanced mental and intellectual abilities (including some psychic or paranormal abilities). I think he wants Olivia for that purpose to try to determine if he can create similar abilities to Olivia's in these creatures. Also, I think with his current state, (having his molecules rearranged) he feels he is superior to all humans as he stated once before when he said having your molecules rearranged has its advantages.

danharr

[24]May 15, 2012
    • level: 45

Great episode loved the fat stealing that was fun in a disgusting way and I can't wait to see where all this monster building is going.