Fringe Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: Stowaway (possible spoilers)

zauerli

[61]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 3

Wow, great acting? Really? I call this show CRINGE now - at least for one episode - I mean, they ruined it for me with this ridiculous Bellivia "soul transfer" bull**** - C'mon...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[62]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 45

zauerli wrote:

Wow, great acting? Really? I call this show CRINGE now - at least for one episode - I mean, they ruined it for me with this ridiculous Bellivia "soul transfer" bull**** - C'mon...

Okay not familiar with the show concept fringe science I take it.........

zauerli

[63]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 3

I'm very well familiar with the show concept -but for me there is a big difference between playing with the subject and being right out silly... helped by the soso acting (how she could have done this better, I don't know...)

why would she talk with that stupid voice?

also: The scientific '1 sentence' explanation for soul transfer is ridiculous and unbelievable...

Religion is not a good subject for a "Fringe science" show...

MajLorne

[64]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 21

Hungry_Homer111 wrote:

As I said in my post, Bell said that he experienced the same thing when he crossed over. So the accident doesn't have anything to do with it. Also, I believe that Bell went to the other side on his own terms, so it wasn't that which would cause it. So either he lied, or I'm missing something important about the effects of crossing over, and why that happened for them, and not others. But considering the fact that he said he put the soul magnet into the tea, it is interesting to know that the time/memory skips started around the time she drank the tea.

As for Dana Gray's death, I have come up with my own theory, outside of the "destiny" theory that Bell presented. Earlier in the episode, they came up with the idea of hera "soul vampire," who steals the souls of the dead. However, once they realized that she wanted to die, this idea was pretty much tossed out. However, I think there was some truth to it, and that whenever she's near somebody who dies, she lives. Her family in the accident, the people who committed suicide, etc. She didn't know why she couldn't die, so she took a wild guess at the reason, thinking that she could "hitch a ride" into heaven, but it turned out that that's the exact opposite of what she should have done. Andonce she did move the bomb away from people, so nobody died, that is when she was able to die.

BarryWeen3 wrote:

See, I saw that last scene as referring to the fact that the church bells caused Bell to momentarily leave Olivia's body. I'm assuming that Bell thought he specifically set up the soul magnets to react to the specific frequency of the ringing of the bell he left to Nina Sharp. And that he was suprised when the ringing of the church bells pushed him out of Olivia's body.

Thank you both for mentioning those points. I was thinking about them as well.

AndrewBarnes2

[65]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 6

it's not really a 'fringe science' show, it's more a 'hypernatural' show

kanniballl

[66]Apr 6, 2011
    • level: 18

I don't know if anyone posted this, or I just missed an entire scene when I stepped away for a few minutes.

But where was Nina?

We find out a while ago that she was really into Bell, and either had a very close friendship or perhaps a romantic relationship.

Now he's back in the flesh (technically speaking) and we don't get a lot of face time with her?

Meanwhile he's hitting on Astrid every few minutes.

kanniballl

[67]Apr 6, 2011
    • level: 18

zauerli wrote:

Well instead of soul he could have said "personality transfer upon death using either nanites or exotic particles." It would've been the same thing.

Instead they said soul transfer and soul magnet. I guess if this plan/device was originally made in the 70s/80s then "soul magnet" would be as good of a device name as any.