Fringe Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: The Consultant (possible spoilers)

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[21]Apr 17, 2012
    • level: 13
    ummhaniyyah wrote:

Re Col. Broyles - I don't understand. Isn't he a shifter? Or has that changed now that Peter is back?

I remember Col. Broyles being replaced.

Whether or not he is a shape shifter has not been established. It still is an unknown. But it appears now that he is not and that he was being blackmailed to be a mole to protect his son who was receiving treatments that was healing him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[22]Apr 17, 2012
    • level: 13
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:

ummhaniyyah wrote:

Re Col. Broyles - I don't understand. Isn't he a shifter? Or has that changed now that Peter is back?

I remember Col. Broyles being replaced.

He wasn't replaced. I'm not sure whether you're talking about Season 3's 'Entrada' where Broyles was killed and his body was mutilated to replace Fauxlivia's mass during her switch back, or Season 4's 'Back to Where You've Never Been' when we learned he was conspiring with DRJ. We weren't sure until this episode whether or not he was a shapeshifter or if it was (Amber)RedBroyles..now we now

I can't wait for next week's. #April20thIsThe19th

PS:

I think this episode may be foreshadowing why Peter and Olivia's baby was important, and why September told Peter that he had his son with the wrong Olivia. Maybe David Robert Jones is working for the other Observers, to try and find a way to merge two people's Universe-Frequencies because that's the key to their eventual-existence. September messed up by distracting Walternate in 1985, which led to Baby Henry, which led to The Observers messing up by erasing Peter after he built the bridge because now Olivia is fated to die in any possible future. Peter and Olivia's baby would've had both the Redverse and Blueverse frequencies in him..which is most likely the key to the Observers coming to fruition.

Oh man I hope i'm on to something here.

You could be on to something. I was thinking that Henry will be important as September is probably a Bishop and a descendant of Peter (which will explain why the Observers don't go by their real name and only by code designations...maybe birth months) and that if he had his son with Fauxlivia, that version of Henry would go down a different path than what should have been as September has seen with his ability to transcend time.

We may get more insight into this in Friday's episode...I hope.

danharr

[24]May 15, 2012
    • level: 45

Great episode nice the way Fauxlivia is good now and I like how the AltBroyles thing was handled. Now to find out why anyone would want to destroy both universes. I think it's Walternate from the future timeline since his universe was destroyed but I thought all that changed with Peter disappearing I'm confused.