Fringe Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: Worlds Apart (possible spoilers)

Lccf

[44]May 1, 2012
    • level: 13

[/QUOTE]

But the reason why they were hesitant to turn the bridge off, is because the Redverse will revert to falling apart again once the bridge is severed. Fauxlivia said earlier in the season that the Redverse has started to heal ever since the Bridge was created.

I don't think Fringe will permanently remove the Redverse from the story...we're too invested in the characters in that universe for them to just be forgotten. Plus the audience will know that the other universe is there...I believe a permanent removal isn't an option. But then again this is Fringe...so who knows.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, Walter clearly said that closing the bridge will stop the healing, but won't cause any further damage to the red universe. ("It won't get better, but it won't get worse", or something along those lines ). So, it will still have problems, but it won't revert to falling apart.

Anyway, I agree that this universe is too important to be just gone permanently. Like you, I think it will pop up at some point ... but not anytime soon, or else what was the point ?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Hungry_Homer111

[45]May 1, 2012
    • level: 26

We don't know if Bell has travelled to the future, but it is possible.Back in the episode "Safe," people working for Jones were trying to steal something from safes that Walter used to store something important. Late in that episode Walter had this conversation with Peter:

Walter: I became consumed - with saving you. Conquering the disease. In my research I discovered a Doctor... Alfred Gross! Swiss. Brilliant physician. The only man that ever successfully cured hepea. But there was a problem. He had died in 1936. And so, I designed a device intend to reach back in to time - to cross the time-space continuum and retrieve Alfred Gross. To bring him back with me...to fix you, my dying son. The device Peter, I think that's what I hid in those safe deposit boxes.

Peter: And it worked? You were able to go back to 1936 and get this guy?

Walter: No. Before I could test it, you started to recover. The doctor said it was a miracle. But the science behind it, in theory, it worked. In theory, it could retrieve anyone from anywhere.

Obviously Walter lied about Peter "recovering," but I think the rest is probably true. He was working on this time machine, but then when Peter died, it became pointless to go back to get the cure. He might have been able to get the doctor, then go back to a time when Peter was still alive to have him cure Peter, but I'm not sure if it would work that way. Even if it did, I think Walter simply became obsessed over the alternate universe by that time, and the fact that he knew how to save the other Peter, so he decided to do that instead. But the time machine was still around, hence why Walter had the pieces in the safes, and presumably, so were the blue prints for anybody to use. Since Walter was working so closely with Bell, it would have been easy for Bell to continue working on the time machine on his own, and see the future.

historylover20

[46]May 1, 2012
    • level: 28

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    With the gateway being closed between both verses, which will probably cause much more damage to the red verse in the impending future, I think we will see more of the Red verse between now and the end of the next season. I just hope that when we do, it is not a pointless "filler" episode.

See, that's what I'm worried about if we see the Red 'verse again. That it will be just a filler.

Kat

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[47]May 1, 2012
    historylover20 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    With the gateway being closed between both verses, which will probably cause much more damage to the red verse in the impending future, I think we will see more of the Red verse between now and the end of the next season. I just hope that when we do, it is not a pointless "filler" episode.

See, that's what I'm worried about if we see the Red 'verse again. That it will be just a filler.

Kat

Agreed!

npanzer

[48]May 1, 2012
    • level: 2

Hungry_Homer111 wrote:

We don't know if Bell has travelled to the future, but it is possible.Back in the episode "Safe," people working for Jones were trying to steal something from safes that Walter used to store something important. Late in that episode Walter had this conversation with Peter:

Walter: I became consumed - with saving you. Conquering the disease. In my research I discovered a Doctor... Alfred Gross! Swiss. Brilliant physician. The only man that ever successfully cured hepea. But there was a problem. He had died in 1936. And so, I designed a device intend to reach back in to time - to cross the time-space continuum and retrieve Alfred Gross. To bring him back with me...to fix you, my dying son. The device Peter, I think that's what I hid in those safe deposit boxes.

Peter: And it worked? You were able to go back to 1936 and get this guy?

Walter: No. Before I could test it, you started to recover. The doctor said it was a miracle. But the science behind it, in theory, it worked. In theory, it could retrieve anyone from anywhere.

Obviously Walter lied about Peter "recovering," but I think the rest is probably true. He was working on this time machine, but then when Peter died, it became pointless to go back to get the cure. He might have been able to get the doctor, then go back to a time when Peter was still alive to have him cure Peter, but I'm not sure if it would work that way. Even if it did, I think Walter simply became obsessed over the alternate universe by that time, and the fact that he knew how to save the other Peter, so he decided to do that instead. But the time machine was still around, hence why Walter had the pieces in the safes, and presumably, so were the blue prints for anybody to use. Since Walter was working so closely with Bell, it would have been easy for Bell to continue working on the time machine on his own, and see the future.

hum nice. didn't remember that.

danharr

[50]May 22, 2012
    • level: 45

Now back to the other side suffering hope they get Jones by seasons end.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[51]May 25, 2012
    MikeUK123 wrote:

I'm confused.

Why would Bell have needed to have visited the future? Isn't the impending war that was in the ZFT book now likely to be the Observers invasion? If the impending war the book inferred was not actually between universes but from the observers.

If so, as Peter told us in series 3 that they are the first people decribed in the book, so they are responsible for creating the book (that Sam knew about).

So anyone that has had the book, and knew what it was about, could have know of the Observer invasion.

Therefore, if DRJ is working for Bell, then Bell knew about the book and what it meant.

One could assume or argue that the book was created in a timeline where Peter existed and was never erased. Since Peter had been erased and is slowly being integrated back into the timeline, the repercussions of this could have changed the future and the opposing sides of the war to come.

BarryWeen3

[52]May 25, 2012
    • level: 14

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    MikeUK123 wrote:

I'm confused.

Why would Bell have needed to have visited the future? Isn't the impending war that was in the ZFT book now likely to be the Observers invasion? If the impending war the book inferred was not actually between universes but from the observers.

If so, as Peter told us in series 3 that they are the first people decribed in the book, so they are responsible for creating the book (that Sam knew about).

So anyone that has had the book, and knew what it was about, could have know of the Observer invasion.

Therefore, if DRJ is working for Bell, then Bell knew about the book and what it meant.

One could assume or argue that the book was created in a timeline where Peter existed and was never erased. Since Peter had been erased and is slowly being integrated back into the timeline, the repercussions of this could have changed the future and the opposing sides of the war to come.

There are a series of Fringe comic books that were used as tie-ins to the tv series: Fringe (6 issue mini-series), Tales from the Fringe (6 issue mini-series), and Beyond the Fringe (digital comic). In the recent Beyond the Fringe series which was 6 issues,each issue comprised oftwo storyline pathways Aand B. 5 of the pathway A chapters (1A, 2A, 3A, 5A, and 6A)tied into Fringe canon whereas the remaining chapters (4A and 1B-6B) were a series of What If? alternate reality storylines set in the Fringe universe such as What If Peter had never died and Walter never broke the universes.

The two storylines that tied into Fringe canon were Peter and the Machine (1A-3A) written by Joshua Jackson and Ghost Writer (5A-6A) written by Jhonen Vasquez. Peter and the Machine bridges the

The first three chapters of the Beyond the Fringe A Storyline were written by Joshua Jackson and it helps to bridge the gap between the third and fourth seasons of Fringe as well as tie into why the pieces of the Machine were scattered around the world as well as about the First People and such, assuming I'm remembering correctly...

Ghost Writer is about how Nina lost her arm and what Bell and Walter did to help her.

These comic book series were very nice tie-ins, as the first series Fringe filled in the secret history of Bell and Bishop, whereas the second series Tales from the Fringe had a half/half format, the first half dealt with the Fringe team, the second half had Fringe events. The only thing I wish is that the third series see print as right now only the Peter and the Machine storyline is available in print, the other 9 chapters are only available digitally.

CharmedOneP391

[53]Jun 26, 2012
    • level: 19

I just rewatched this episode after watching LOT with a friend who's a casual viewer. This episode is so emotional. The pay off of seeing Walter and Walternate have their first one on one (besides the few lines in TDWD) was so good.

I think because I knew Season 5 was coming, and that I didn't actually think this was a send off-episode for the RedVerse, as more of a temporary way to shut off the machine and remove the bridge But I wonder why Walter says it's a permanent switch off? Peter's there...can't he just hop back in and make the same decision?

I'll forever have a soft spot for this episode...along with the second half of Season 4 as a whole. It was a very satisfying arc of episodes.

historylover20

[54]Jun 27, 2012
    • level: 28

See, I think it is a permanent send off for the Red 'Verse. Although there is a season 5, it will only be 13 episodes and then it's over. While I'd love to see one more episode involving the Red 'Verse, I think that the storyarc for the Red 'Verse is over, at least in terms of the war with the Observers. It will keep going, but we're not going to see it. There are other concerns and storyarcs now and not a lot of time to do them in. Filler episodes kind of need to be extremely limited.

To support my theory, Seth Gabel has said that he won't be a part of the abbreviated season 5.

But, I've known to be wrong about my hunches about Fringe before. Just like I believed the producers when they said that they were "trying" to get Leonard Nimoy back and that Leonard Nimoy was completely retired from acting. And then, boom! He appeared in Brave New World.

Kat

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[55]Jun 27, 2012
    historylover20 wrote:

See, I think it is a permanent send off for the Red 'Verse. Although there is a season 5, it will only be 13 episodes and then it's over. While I'd love to see one more episode involving the Red 'Verse, I think that the storyarc for the Red 'Verse is over, at least in terms of the war with the Observers. It will keep going, but we're not going to see it. There are other concerns and storyarcs now and not a lot of time to do them in. Filler episodes kind of need to be extremely limited.

To support my theory, Seth Gabel has said that he won't be a part of the abbreviated season 5.

But, I've known to be wrong about my hunches about Fringe before. Just like I believed the producers when they said that they were "trying" to get Leonard Nimoy back and that Leonard Nimoy was completely retired from acting. And then, boom! He appeared in Brave New World.

Kat

Agreed,

But, keeping what happened with Leonard Nimoy in mind, I read an article concerning Seth Gabel and it stated that it was not confirmed that he would not be a part of the abbreviated 5 season. It was confirmed that he would not be a regular, however, that doesn't mean he will not appear in any episode at all for the entire final season.

Sometimes it makes you wonder whether or not they post these articles to throw you off and surprise you by doing something that goes totally against what was posted.

BarryWeen3

[56]Jun 27, 2012
    • level: 14

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    historylover20 wrote:

Kat

Agreed, But, keeping what happened with Leonard Nimoy in mind, I read an article concerning Seth Gabel and it stated that it was not confirmed that he would not be a part of the abbreviated 5 season. It was confirmed that he would not be a regular, however, that doesn't mean he will not appear in any episode at all for the entire final season. Sometimes it makes you wonder whether or not they post these articles to throw you off and surprise you by doing something that goes totally against what was posted.

Creators of shows stretching the truth of what is to come in public media? Don't be silly...that never happens...what are you thinking of?