Fringe Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Official Series Wrapup Thread

Canada_Michael

[21]Jan 19, 2013
    • level: 10
    I think by saying Walter was erased they confused a lot of people. IMO Walter disappeared without a trace in the new timeline that was created. Everyone who knew Walter know he existed but have no idea where he went, he's a missing person. The only people who know what happened to him are the ones who know about the video he left.

IMO the Observers exist in the new timeline they're just different, they have emotions & the future for them turned out better. Wasn't the reason the Observers invaded the past because their future was a mess? The Observers have tech & the ability to travel back in time in this timeline & use it, making the same or similar mistakes they did in the past timeline. Remember September explained that the changes to humans didn't happen overnight, but emotions were gradually removed in favour of intelligence. What Walter & Michael accomplish in the future is to show that you can achieve heightened intelligence without sacrificing all emotions, and that removing all emotions is dangerous.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Don_Moltisanti

[22]Jan 19, 2013
    • level: 12
    When it is said that time is reset it is onl from the 22nd century. Walter and Michael go into the future to change the scientists work so that the observers dont come back in time with no emotion to take over. therefore they did not go back in time to 2015 so everything before 21xx whatever is the same. Although the Peter and Olivia thing i dont really understand. Then again if Walter was willing to cross over to save peter when he was dying who is to say that he did not o over there to take him after walternate cured him. He might just have missed Peter and decided to take him.

MajLorne

[23]Jan 19, 2013
    • level: 21
    Yeah I forgot to mention about how would Olivia and Peter be together if not for September. I mean the 'simple' answer would be :gasp: fauxlivia and Peter having Etta. I mean the whole cortexiphan stuff was in response to the possible invasion from the Red universe, but if Peter was cured there, there wouldn't be a need to take him to the blue/our universe. The other issue is that even if Walter went to the red universe and took peter, peter would've died in the lake because September would not have been there to save him and thus the events of season 4. *

*but I guess if we were to stretch things, I guess it could've been possible that the finale may have made some sense afterall even with the absence of the observers. I hate time travel plots, it's just so messy...

Dec1964

[26]Jan 20, 2013
    • level: 37

Alternate Timelines & Time Paradoxes gives me a headache, but what Walter had done

could never have worked. The Timeline would have repeated.

Anyway Thank You To The Cast Of "Fringe" For Giving Me 5 Wonderful Years.

I will miss this show. Cry

wolfwing

[27]Jan 21, 2013
    • level: 6
    A couple of things.

With walter in the future he could have made sure that someone went into the past to save Peter, didn't nescarily have to be september. Also...lets not forget that with the weirdness that is Peter and Olivia, it's quiet possible they are still pardoxes already and therefore everything else might be effected, but htey wouldn't be. I'm wondering if they might some how remember the original future.

hamster45

[28]Jan 22, 2013
    • level: 1

what a lot of people seem to have forgotten is that this observer filled universe is already an alternative to what was supposed to have happened.

At the end of s03 Peter was supposed to get in the machine and destroy the red universe. His consiousness went to the future and saw the consequences of his actions. There were no observers because they couldn't exist because the universe was ripping apart in 2026 (or whatever the date was). So he went back and changed it all. But if they could never have existed how could they have been there through the previous series?

The red universe was explained to us as one of an infinite of others where things were different because someone made a different choice. So at the end of the series we go back to the park and at that point suddenly, because of Walters actions, a new universe is created with no observer invasion. Walter and Michael wanted to show the Norwegian scientist that you could increase intelligence without losing emotions, and they obviously succeeded. This doesn't stop everything else happening, it just means it happened somewhere else. The observers showed they could travel between universes, which was the point of the previous episode. In some other place September still exists and obviously slipped over to the non observer universe to make sure everything happened the same way up to that point.

This whole show has had paradoxes before, it's just that we never really noticed at the time because we didn't know the observers were from the future. maybe that was the reason for the look on Olivia's face, she felt the split.

In the end did we really want Peter and Olivia to never have met? They gave us the ending we wanted (minus Walter, but then they always did throw in curveballs ). Either way I have enjoyed it and will miss this show.

Goodbye my friend Fringe.

Sugar2U

[29]Jan 23, 2013
    • level: 9

The minute Peter stepped into the Machine he was no longer in this time line.. His re- appearance was a miracle and never explained except Olivia and Walter's love for him surpassed the impossible ( I guess) The timeline reset to 2015 because that is when the Observers invaded so that would have to be the reset. I think Olivia does remember what happened because of the Cortexaphan BUT will never say anything because Michael gaveher the shush sign. Peter will go to Walters lab and find the tape and watch it. MY one question is will Walter try to find the Bishops in the future? Will he ever try to cross over again? All in all I liked the end and I knew with no Observers the Peter question would be left with a hole but as I said Peter was erased so really not a question... Glad we got an end to this show I will miss it.

KasenStuff

[30]Jan 30, 2013
    • level: 6

wolfwing wrote:
    A couple of things. With walter in the future he could have made sure that someone went into the past to save Peter, didn't nescarily have to be september. Also...lets not forget that with the weirdness that is Peter and Olivia, it's quiet possible they are still pardoxes already and therefore everything else might be effected, but htey wouldn't be. I'm wondering if they might some how remember the original future.
    Well Peter did when he magically showed up after being wiped out of existence, and Olivia ended up remembering him, too. So I think it's possible they remembered the original timeline and everything that happened and was suppose to happen.

Edited on 02/05/2013 11:30pm

MajLorne

[31]Feb 3, 2013
    • level: 21
    A minor point, how could Olivia not know who Sam Weiss was if she got back her memories of the timeline with Peter in it? It's a minor nitpick, but I kinda liked his character, he was 'unique'.