Fringe Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Season 4+ News, Speculation Etc. Thread (including S5 renewal!)

Gislef

[1]May 6, 2011
    • level: 100
    Please direct all general news, spoilers, speculation, etc. for season 4+ here.

Basically, if it's about stuff that hasn't aired yet, and there isn't an episode discussion thread, it goes here.

Thanks!
    Edited on 04/26/2012 8:03pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Arrix85

[2]May 7, 2011
    • level: 16

quick question: someone does know the status of Joshua Jackson contract? The set-up being what it is they cannot use him for flashbacks, so if he has a contract...

AbhishekDujar

[3]May 7, 2011
    • level: 5

s peter gone for good. This looks life show end to me. Season 4 might as well be new cast and story. :/

anyone has any idea on what season 4 is about. heard there was some interview regarding that.

TylerA46

[4]May 7, 2011
    • level: 11

Joshua Jackson is under contract for next season.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/fringe-season-3-finale-review-answers/

Anyway, Olivia will reset him, or something like that. Even Altlivia will wonder, who the father of her kid is.

Edited on 05/07/2011 4:10am

fladimir7

[5]May 7, 2011
    Obviously Joshua Jackson will return for the next season, but will he return only halfway through the season? That's what she should be asking ourselves and if he does it might get boring.

Ynot333

[6]May 7, 2011
    • level: 4

Maybe he becomes an Observer.....

historylover20

[7]May 7, 2011
    • level: 28

I'm betting that early season 4 will be about getting Peter back and answering the question how do you figure out to get someone "back" that you don't even know existed.

Kat

crownwood

[8]May 8, 2011
    • level: 6

I loved the finale... Wondered where it is all going.

Looks to me like S4 will have the 2 Waltersdismantlingthe machine - throwing it through the portal. Then having to decide to invent the machine and come up with the rules for its use and the Sam Weiss's in the first place. But without Peter it is pointless in the first place... agrah! Clearly with the actor under contract he's coming back - so there will be some neat explanation- but at this point - I'm none the wiser!

As far as Peter goes, I wondered if he was out of time rather than out ofexistenceand if it was him that could have written some of the scrolls and the fail-safes. That line he said about the fringe team being the first people got my head spinning!

Loved it!

Anyone else got any ideas where S4 is going to go?

fladimir7

[9]May 8, 2011

The final episode of the third season was only able to clutch a 1.2 in the ratings, so that much suggest that the fourth season could perhaps be our last. And also if Fox doesn't decide to cut the order to 13 episodes instead of 22. I just wish people would sit their asses down and watch it when it airs. Too many good shows are getting canceled.

JaiCSC

[10]May 8, 2011
    • level: 17

I think it's safe to say that 4 will be the last. I just hope that it'sannouncedas the last soon otherwise a too much will be left unresolved and annoys me more than anything with a show.

I'd be gutted if they stopped at 13 but if they were sensible it could work.

Anyway I'm thinking the first few episodes will involve episodes based in Blue, Red, Future and through the series we'll get one or two episodes Eighties/Nineties.In Red and Blue episodes Peter won't fully appear but little things will get them thinking something isn't right. Olivia and Walter will feel as though something is missing, Fauxlivia's maternal nature will creep through at times and she won't know where it's come from (assuming Henry has gone too). When they all realise what's happened Peter will be brought back.

An episode or two set in the past will fill in the final pieces filled with Elizabeth's suicide, Walter removing parts of his mind, Walternate become the secretary of defence and his mission to destroy the other and Peter and Olivia when they were younger and why they don't remember each other.

The future episodes may involve the Fringedivision, with Peter and Walter working on changing the past, but with a limited timeline with their universe crumbling quickly and Walternate looking to gain revenge on Peter and Walter by preventing them from changing the past because he's become to vengeful to even allow them to save both worlds.

Based on a probable 13 series, If there's some combination of 4 current day episodes without Peter, 2 more which focus on getting him back, 1 or 2 episodes to clear up what happened in the past, 3 episodes set in the future and then 2 or 3 episodes to resolve the story. I think that could work.

chikanoman

[11]May 11, 2011
    • level: 12
    Any chance of another network picking it up?

The show is too good to be culled.

historylover20

[12]May 11, 2011
    • level: 28

Doubtful. That generally doesn't happen.

It's possible (but not likely) that SyFy might pick it up.

Kat

JaiCSC

[13]May 12, 2011

OK. So what was the point of it then?

Oh well, But now I'mdefinitelythinking this is taking a similar route to Doctor Who (2010 Season). Knowledge of Peter has been erased but but things about Peter will bleed through with Olivia, Fauxlivia and Walter. Little things will happen that will result in Olivia and Walter remembering Peter, Fauxlivia remembering that she has a baby. All these things will build up to them remembering Peter and they will eventually bring Peter and Baby Henry back.

CaptainHarkness

[14]May 12, 2011
    • level: 23

So apparently Seth Gabel is going to be aseries regular next season! I love the Lincoln Lee character so I'm glad this happened.

http://blastr.com/2011/05/fringes-seth-gabel-aka-li.php

ModyBuns

[15]May 12, 2011
    • level: 2

JaiCSC wrote:

OK. So what was the point of it then?

Oh well, But now I'mdefinitelythinking this is taking a similar route to Doctor Who (2010 Season). Knowledge of Peter has been erased but but things about Peter will bleed through with Olivia, Fauxlivia and Walter. Little things will happen that will result in Olivia and Walter remembering Peter, Fauxlivia remembering that she has a baby. All these things will build up to them remembering Peter and they will eventually bring Peter and Baby Henry back.

The point was to have Henry activate the machine. Thank god it wasn't used to bring even more tiresome Olivia drama.

JaiCSC

[16]May 12, 2011
    ModyBuns wrote:

The point was to have Henry activate the machine. Thank god it wasn't used to bring even more tiresome Olivia drama.

Ahh. That makes sense.

agibaer

[17]May 12, 2011
    If Peter never existed, Walter would have never crossed, Walternate wouldn't have lost a son. Therefore no one except some tourist would be on liberty island right now.

AndrewBarnes2

[18]May 16, 2011
    he would have eventually tried out the device though, if you're a scientist and you could cross to another universe you're probably gonna do it.

and that explains all of how everything is exactly the same minus Peter and Baby Henry

kanniballl

[19]May 16, 2011
    • level: 18

AndrewBarnes2 wrote:
    he would have eventually tried out the device though, if you're a scientist and you could cross to another universe you're probably gonna do it. and that explains all of how everything is exactly the same minus Peter and Baby Henry

Exactly

Meanwhile Peter might've made him even more cautious to crossing over in the first place. With a son, he probably looked a little more closely at everything he did to make sure there wasn't a chance it would back-fire and hurt his kid. Maybe without Peter he down-played the idea that the device could destroy the world.

At which point, maybe Walter did something else to infuriate Walternate: like getting caught stealing tech or did something that hurt his reputation. In which maybe that fueled Walternate's anger before he realized his world was falling apart.

That all being said, removing Peter from the equation, when he played SUCH an important part in the back-story, does make things complicated. Who activated the device, and how? Are all of the Peter-centric events/stories null and void? How did they survive the stories/events where Peter saved the day? Who played "translator" for Walter? etc

My guess is he'll eventually be brought back, perhaps with that device from season 1 which can retrieve someone from "anywhere." Maybe anywhere can also be nowhere.

Edited on 05/16/2011 6:56am

blackmage8472

[20]May 16, 2011
    • level: 15

kanniballl wrote:

My guess is he'll eventually be brought back, perhaps with that device from season 1 which can retrieve someone from "anywhere." Maybe anywhere can also be nowhere.

Well Joshua Jackson is supposed to be under contract for next year, so he'll be there. It'll probably be the Olivias that find a way to bring him back, probably some of that "love conquers all" bs.