We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Fringe Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Season 4+ News, Speculation Etc. Thread (including S5 renewal!)

historylover20

[61]Sep 16, 2011
    • level: 28

I'm sorry. Double post, but it's not letting me edit the above message:

According to that promo (the first link), Peter actually didn't survive his illness. And it sounds like both Peters didn't survive their illness (either that, or Walter didn't actually check after his son died), because December says that no one can know that Peter did survive to be an adult.

Kat

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

historylover20

[62]Sep 19, 2011

I got a note from Amazon, saying that you can go ahead and pre-order season 4 DVDs.

Kat

Cortexifan

[63]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 7

Kat about your post on Peter notsurviving. It could be because I'm not sure Walter ever told us or Olivia the whole truth.

And I just pre-ordered S4 in the hope that we'll get to see the whole season and many more after that.

Still 4 more (very long) days.

Fringe Rocks!

rondetto

[64]Sep 20, 2011
    • level: 3

Starting in the UK next week Sept 2011

LoidaPalanca

[66]Sep 20, 2011
    • level: 4

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Telekinesis429 wrote:
    Ynot333 wrote:

Maybe he becomes an Observer.....

This just blew my mind. What if that's what Observers are...? People who have been erased from the timeline, and can therefore "travel" through it?
    That is exactly my thoughts on this subject.

OMG! I really like this theory. Blew my mind too

historylover20

[67]Sep 22, 2011

I found out the credits for season 4 are going to be in orange--the universe where Peter doesn't exist. It's due to it being a new chapter.

Kat

Shreela

[68]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 8
    IIRC it was Walter grieving OurPeter, combined with seeing AltPeter following in OurPeter's deadly footsteps that drove Walter to figure out how to cross to the other side, thereby ripping the dividing ether-divider-thingee between our worlds.

If so, then wouldn't they need to rewrite how either Walter was able to cross-over/rip-ether-divider-thingee in order to continue with the series, otherwise all the odd events Olivia needs to solve each week won't occur.

And if the browless time-keepers erase both Peters as a child, what happens to our Olivia's pregnancy?

blackmage8472

[69]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 15

Shreela wrote:
    IIRC it was Walter grieving OurPeter, combined with seeing AltPeter following in OurPeter's deadly footsteps that drove Walter to figure out how to cross to the other side, thereby ripping the dividing ether-divider-thingee between our worlds. If so, then wouldn't they need to rewrite how either Walter was able to cross-over/rip-ether-divider-thingee in order to continue with the series, otherwise all the odd events Olivia needs to solve each week won't occur. And if the browless time-keepers erase both Peters as a child, what happens to our Olivia's pregnancy?

It seems they didn't actually erase Peter more than they erased an event, the time where The Observer saved Walter and Peter from drowning. In the last episode Walter mutters something cryptic about watching someone die twice, gotta think it was Peter he saw die twice.

As for the pregnancy, well that's the big question.

historylover20

[70]Sep 26, 2011

I'm not sure why the pregnancy is such a big deal. No Peter, no pregnancy. Something else turned on the machine, just like something else joined the two universes together under Liberty Island.

Kat

jack756

[71]Oct 2, 2011
    • level: 14

my sister came across a spoiler on her cellphone about the ep i think its called subject 9.suppoly from what i read olivia will discover she has this powers and start to notice peter and her powers are key to getting him back.

i was wondering have anyone else heard about this and do u think the writers can pull it off b/c im not sure they can i mean whatis olivia gone teleport to him and use telekiniss and move him back to her world.i mean i dont think it can work but i like the ideal of it.

so my questions is:

have anyone heard about olivia discover her powers on subject 9?

and

do u think they be able to pull it off meanig her using her powers to get peter back?

ALSCC

[72]Oct 2, 2011
    • level: 5
    while i dont no how olivia discovers her powers, i have a theory on how she could bring peter back; we already know that olivia can move things with her mind, cross between universes, start fires with her mind and has demonstrated ultra sensitive hearing. so is it possible that she could travel through time? its not that far a leap when considering what she is capable of.

maybe olivia travels back in time to the moment where peter is supposed to die and prevents it. while we still dont know when peter died, the most likely point will be where both he and walter fall through the ice in reiden lake.

jack756

[73]Oct 3, 2011
    ALSCC wrote:
    while i dont no how olivia discovers her powers, i have a theory on how she could bring peter back; we already know that olivia can move things with her mind, cross between universes, start fires with her mind and has demonstrated ultra sensitive hearing. so is it possible that she could travel through time? its not that far a leap when considering what she is capable of.

maybe olivia travels back in time to the moment where peter is supposed to die and prevents it. while we still dont know when peter died, the most likely point will be where both he and walter fall through the ice in reiden lake.

i like your theory.i was trying to figure it out if they did do it by using olivia powers to bring peter back how would they do it.and i love your answer

kurgan1O1

[75]Oct 20, 2011
    • level: 3

Hey fellow fans, congrats for the increase. But as almost everyone knows, it's not enough. We need to watch Fringe live if we really wanna boost the ratings for our show. Of course, if need be, we will try the Red Licorice Campaign again and try to persuade Fox to keep it on air for another season, but we can't force them. It won't always work. They need ratings, and being the fans of the show, its our responsibility to give it to them. Let's spread the word "Watch It Live" and do everything we can to save our show. IMAGINE THE IMPOSSIBILITIES if it runs for another season

nimd4

[76]Nov 19, 2011
    • level: 6
    Sorry to say this, but Fringe is finished, lol.

jack756

[77]Nov 26, 2011
    nimd4 wrote:
    u must saw the ratings for walflower it was 2 million.this will be fringe last season unlesss it can get back to at least 4 million other than that the show will be gone

ionee24

[78]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 32
    nimd4 wrote:

We always knew it was going to end on season 4 or 5, as long as there's an impressive finale - like the one they deliver every year - I would always think this show as a success that was never afraid to me smart.

CharmedOneP391

[79]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 19

Yeaa..with a 1.1 rating, even on Friday, it's hard to see FOX renewing the show for a 5th season. We can always hope though! Maybe Warner Brothers will slap that price down they they must've last year.

Even so... as long as there is a proper series finale, I'll be good. NO CLIFFHANGER for Fringe, please! I couldn't handle that one.

Apparently, when January 13 rolls around, Everything Will Become Clear. Can't wait

ALSCC

[80]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 5
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:

Yeaa..with a 1.1 rating, even on Friday, it's hard to see FOX renewing the show for a 5th season. We can always hope though!

i think the main problem is some fans have become disillusioned with this season, with the resetting of the timeline. season 3 was action-packed and fast moving, while in this one the pace has definitely slowed down. some see this as the show losing direction, which is a shame because in my opinion this has been one of the stronger seasons. on the plus side, with bones and house just about on their last legs, maybe fox will in fact give us that 5th season we all crave!