Fringe Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Season 4+ News, Speculation Etc. Thread (including S5 renewal!)

historylover20

[81]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 28

Fringe is nominated for a People's Choice Award. Go on the website and vote for it as often as you can.

Kat

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ionee24

[82]Dec 8, 2011
    • level: 32
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:

Yeaa..with a 1.1 rating, even on Friday, it's hard to see FOX renewing the show for a 5th season.

I guess the thing is not whether they can afford to keep it or not, but what would they put instead.

FOX isn't exactly prime time material any more and I can't see them risk hits like Glee or Terra Nova in a friday night.

TylerA46

[83]Dec 9, 2011
    • level: 11

They should cut filler episodes and do the main story only. Also, why not show a few episodes, when there is nothing to compete against. Every show goes on hiatus at the same time. Ridiculous.

Jim856796

[84]Dec 16, 2011
    • level: 14
    Hate to say it, but Fringe is essentially going to end this season. Season five is unlikely. Low in the ratings and demo. It ran for four seasons, so it has the right to a proper finale.

ionee24

[85]Dec 16, 2011
    I agree, that doesn't make the storyline any less perfect, it's just more "intellectually" perfect if you catch my drift

CharmedOneP391

[86]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 19

Yeaa at this point, it's really unlikely that a season 5 will happen. At the end of season 4 there will be a total of 87 episodes (88 when you split the Pilot in half) so thats the magical number of episodes needed for syndication, so unless all of FOX's mid-season shows flop and they decide they're not ready to try something new on Friday nights, or if they decide not to renew Terra Nova, and/or if Warner Brothers is willing to slice the price on a 5th season for some reason, I'd say the writers need to start writing towards a series finale so this masterpiece of a show isn't canceled on a cliffhanger. God that would suck beyond belief.

Edited on 12/21/2011 2:51pm

Zwingli4

[87]Dec 22, 2011
    • level: 16

CharmedOneP391 wrote:

Yeaa at this point, it's really unlikely that a season 5 will happen. At the end of season 4 there will be a total of 87 episodes (88 when you split the Pilot in half) so thats the magical number of episodes needed for syndication, so unless all of FOX's mid-season shows flop and they decide they're not ready to try something new on Friday nights, or if they decide not to renew Terra Nova, and/or if Warner Brothers is willing to slice the price on a 5th season for some reason, I'd say the writers need to start writing towards a series finale so this masterpiece of a show isn't canceled on a cliffhanger. God that would suck beyond belief.

I read one critic who said all TV series cliffhangers should be banned. I can't believe I agree with a critic! Tongue out

nimd4

[88]Jan 14, 2012
    • level: 6

historylover20 wrote:
    Fringe is nominated for a People's Choice Award. Go on the website and vote for it as often as you can.

Says that Fringe won, is that right?!?? How are/were we supposed to vote, anyway (or am I just lazy to see it); Is there anything else we can do now?!?? =)

Also found a blog post @

Code:
    http://www.fringebloggers.com/peoples-choice-awards-fringe-wins-favorite-sci-fifantasy-show/

PS. Whoa, "Fringe moves to Fridays starting January 21st, 9/8c, on Fox."

Edited on 01/14/2012 10:05am

ALSCC

[89]Jan 14, 2012
    • level: 5
    that was last years awards, this year we lost to supernatural

CharmedOneP391

[90]Jan 16, 2012

If FOX is saying Fringe's renewal chances are up to WB..then fans actually have hope! or a disastrous (not quality wise) cliffhanger waiting to happen...?

Warner Bros. TV " We have no plans to give viewers closure this season because we expect the series to continue"

Edited on 01/16/2012 7:23pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Hungry_Homer111

[91]Jan 16, 2012
    • level: 26
    Honstly, right now I think the best option would probably be a 13 episode 5th season, so the writers could wrap things up. It would be a nice compromise, so that the show doesn't end on a cliffhanger, WB can get more money from a 5th season's DVD, and Fox wouldn't have to spend money on a full-season's worth of episodes. Hopefully that's what will happen, but I'm still worried that it might be cancelled with a cliff-hanger ending.

historylover20

[92]Jan 17, 2012

I watched "Alcatraz" last night, and so far, I'm not impressed. And, I don't think a lot of people will be very impressed either.

If House gets cancelled (and it's likely), and Alcatraz doesn't take (which is possible), there is still a chance that Fringe will come back for season 5.

Kat

ionee24

[93]Jan 20, 2012
    I liked Alcatraz alright but it's no Fringe regardless the angle.

BarryWeen3

[94]Jan 27, 2012

I too am intrigued so far by Alcatraz and you can see a lot of JJ Abrams elements in it. Still like Fringe better. Kinda of interesting that Abrams has three shows on television now like Zuiker.

CharmedOneP391

[95]Jan 30, 2012

so, our "news" on a season 5 so far:

FOX Exec Kevin Reilly states Fringe loses money for FOX Network.Bad news

WB Exec responds to Reilly's statements, says the studio has no plans to give viewers closure this season because they expect a season 5.Good news?

Joshua Jackson says there's been "talk" of moving Fringe to a Cable Network.good news?

Basically..We don't know. It's up in the air. Hopefully...this show will be able to finish or even continue. If Fringe were on FX or even TheCW maybe it could even continue past a 5th season.

But on FOX...I believe season 4 may be it. Hopefully not..and the show will come back. And if it is canceled..lets hope it gets picked up by another network so we're not left hanging.

Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman say Season 4 Finale "can work" as a Series Finale if canceled.Is this good news? Sure I guess..so we wont be left completely hanging by a thread. Is this great news? No..because Season 3 could've "worked" as a Series Finale..but we still would'n't had known why Peter was erased or what The Observers are doing/why they intervene(d).

uggh..the stress of loving the ratings-challenged shows.

Edited on 01/31/2012 8:11am
    Edited 3 total times.

historylover20

[96]Jan 31, 2012

I've heard that Warner Bros and Fox are in negotiations for Fringe. If Warner Bros lowers their licensing fee (which is likely), Fringe may see season 5.

Now, I don't know where I've seen that news. If this is true, it's possibly good news. However, I'm facing reality that season 5 may not happen. If it does, I'll be dancing through my office. If it doesn't, I'll comfort myself with the DVDs.

Kat

BarryWeen3

[97]Jan 31, 2012

Well as CharmedOne said, Fringe may move to cable.

Saw that happen with Flashpoint, which is a great show. CBS aired 51 episodes comprising 3 1/2 seasons, the rest of season 4 then aired on the ION network and the show will now continue on that network.

I guess Fringe could move to FX as the previous poster mentioned, you'd think SyFy would also be a choice, but since the name change, don't know how much Sci-Fi SyFy actually has...

CharmedOneP391

[98]Jan 31, 2012

We WILL be learning more about the "Zepplin Man" in 3x19 LSD who Olivia said was is going to kill her.

Also..does anyone else think The Observer jumped in front of a bullet to save Olivia from dying?

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[99]Feb 1, 2012
    • level: 13
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:

We WILL be learning more about the "Zepplin Man" in 3x19 LSD who Olivia said was is going to kill her.

Also..does anyone else think The Observer jumped in front of a bullet to save Olivia from dying?

I do.

historylover20

[100]Feb 2, 2012

That September. He can't stop himself getting involved in our heroes' affairs.

Kat