Fringe Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Season 4+ News, Speculation Etc. Thread (including S5 renewal!)

CharmedOneP391

[121]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 19

#19 Letters of Transit sounds insane. Here's the full description:

THE FRINGE TEAM GOES BACK TO THE FUTURE ON AN ALL-NEW "FRINGE" FRIDAY, APRIL 20, ON FOX

The FRINGE tradition of a mind-bending 19th episode continues as the story jumps ahead to 2036, when the Observers and the Fringe team engage in a game-changing battle in the all-new "Letters of Transit" episode of FRINGE airing Friday, April 20 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-419) (TV-14 L, V

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fladimir7

[122]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 11

For anyone who's interested, A new interesting teaser has been released for the 19th episode which they're saying it's quite a game changer.

http://www.fringetelevision.com/2012/04/fringe-teaser-april-20th-is-nineteenth.html

The video goes fast, so if you want to look at the screenshots go to this link: http://www.fringefiles.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=259

Edited on 04/06/2012 4:54pm

CharmedOneP391

[123]Apr 10, 2012

Fox and WB are apparently making a decision this week on Season 5. Also there's no plan on a movie.

Lets hope for the best!!!

Wyman later replied in a tweet he's optimistic for a 13 episode Season 5, not so much a Full 22. Who CARES? as long as it gets a Final Season, right?

Highlight below for TINY spoiler on the Opening Title Sequence.

JH Wyman also tweeted that... the Amber Title Sequence will continue at least to the Season Finale. And there's a special Title Sequence for 4x19.

PS: The Twentieth is the Nineteenth

Edited on 04/10/2012 1:08pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Hungry_Homer111

[124]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 26
    At least we'll know soon, so the torture will be over soon. Hopefully it will turn out for the best. As I said earlier in this thread, I'd be perfectly happy if they had a 13 episode season to wrap everything up.

blackmage8472

[125]Apr 15, 2012
    • level: 15

Closer to renewal? Apparently things are looking up.:http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/fox-is-close-to-renewing-fringe-for.html

I wouldn't start celebrating yet though. I remember when I was waiting for news about Eureka's renewal plans a couple o months ago the news changed radically from day to day.

historylover20

[126]Apr 15, 2012
    • level: 28

According to TVWise, Fox and Warner Bros. are coming very close to making a deal to give Fringe a 13-episode final fifth season. Apparently, there are still some points to be ironed out, but these should be resolved. And Fox will be announcing in the next few weeks.

Hopefully, we can get an answer before Fox's upfronts presentation in May.

Kat

CharmedOneP391

[127]Apr 15, 2012

historylover20 wrote:

According to TVWise, Fox and Warner Bros. are coming very close to making a deal to give Fringe a 13-episode final fifth season. Apparently, there are still some points to be ironed out, but these should be resolved. And Fox will be announcing in the next few weeks.

Kat

& hopefully before the Season Finale airs. It would suck if they aired the Series Finale ending and were then renewed. Well actually it wouldn't suck..but probably wouldn't pave the way very well. I don't think this would actually happen though.

historylover20

[128]Apr 16, 2012

I'm sure that the producers will know something before the finale.

Kat

renaldsRAP

[129]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 10

Just wanted to let my fellow Fringeians know that the 2 part season finale title has been changed from "Endgame" to "Brave New World"

Not to get anyone's hopes up about the potential season 5 renewal, but that's a pretty encouraging sign!

CharmedOneP391

[130]Apr 19, 2012

renaldsRAP wrote:

Just wanted to let my fellow Fringeians know that the 2 part season finale title has been changed from "Endgame" to "Brave New World"

Not to get anyone's hopes up about the potential season 5 renewal, but that's a pretty encouraging sign!

Wow I thought you were trying to pull a joke there...and I was going to say it was mean. This has to be news that there is a Season 5 coming and they did this just to save Endgame as the title for Season 5. If the show gets canceled.. SO WEIRD!

They had to of made this a shot at NBC for canceling Heroes at Brave New World. I mean really...thats too much of a coincidence.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[131]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 13
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:

renaldsRAP wrote:

Wow I thought you were trying to pull a joke there...and I was going to say it was mean. This has to be news that there is a Season 5 coming and they did this just to save Endgame as the title for Season 5. If the show gets canceled.. SO WEIRD!

They had to of made this a shot at NBC for canceling Heroes at Brave New World. I mean really...thats too much of a coincidence.

Indeed!

KxGx

[132]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 6
    Fringe HAS been officially picked up for 13 season 5 episodes. :-) News has broken on twitter direct within the last few minutes!

Hungry_Homer111

[133]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 26

WOO-HOO!

As many reasons as Fox has given people for hating them for screwing over their shows, this is a great way for them to show that they can do the right thing and give the fans what they want, despite the ratings. I am so happy about this, both because of the fact that it gives them a chance to give the show proper closure (instead of the presumably rushed ending that they would have had if they cancelled it), and because it probably means that we will get a continuation of the story from "Letters of Transt."

JaiCSC

[134]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 17

Looking at my predictions on the first page of this thread, how wrong I was.

And How happy I am about series 5.

On a side note, it's interesting that Fringe will have an even 100 episodes. To me at least.

Edited on 04/26/2012 5:03pm

KxGx

[135]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 6
    The series will end on episode 100

blackmage8472

[136]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 15

Hungry_Homer111 wrote:

WOO-HOO!

My exact words

historylover20

[137]Apr 26, 2012

Great news!

Kat

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[138]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 13
    historylover20 wrote:

Great news!

Kat

I hope they pull out all of the stops in those final 13 episodes...

npanzer

[139]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 2
    it will end on the episode 100? cooool.
    so we'll never see the alternative ending for this season. they could put that as extra for the dvd.

MajLorne

[140]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 21
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:

historylover20 wrote:

Kat

& hopefully before the Season Finale airs. It would suck if they aired the Series Finale ending and were then renewed. Well actually it wouldn't suck..but probably wouldn't pave the way very well. I don't think this would actually happen though.

Technically it won't be the end of the world. Justice League Unlimited had 'epilogue' which served as a defacto series finale in the future, but when the series got renewed for another 13 eps, they continued as normal. Fringe with how it can do the future and parallel universes, should have no problems.