Fringe Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Season 4 Renewed, Season 3+ News, Speculation Etc. Thread (possible spoilers)

me84302

[22]May 31, 2010
    • level: 2

HW90 wrote:
    observer intervention... we know they have the tech to get Olivia out and across universes, only thing which dismisses the theory is we haven't heard of them do anything high profile.

I had completely forgotten about the Observers. I can see them helping in some small way. The biggest thing that we have seen them intervene in is when Peter and Walter were in the car accident, saving both of their lives, and when one of them showed up at AltWalts Lab, causing him to miss the reaction of the medicine that he was making for Peter.

They never do things that seem overly grand when it happens, but it can change everything. The whole storyline that is the fringe universe would not be happening right now if the Observer had not shown up when AltWalt was working in his lab. They Indirectly alter the history of events.

~Crazy Idea Alert~

I have a lot of these I have noticed. Has anyone thought of the crazy possibility that they are from "the end of time" and they are traveling along time trying to find key points and people in history that caused them to become what they are now? That would explain why they seem to know what is always going to happen. They spend their time making little tweaks to events. Course, their told not to. But one small tweak could change their lives and their world.

Edited on 05/31/2010 4:51am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TylerA46

[23]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 11

sramv9 wrote:
    i'm not so sure about altolivia being discovered quickly - - I've read interviews with cast members saying they plan on spending significant time in alt uni next season and to flesh out the alternate characters. that could - just could- be a sign that olivia will be in the clutches of walternate for more than a couple of eps... and that altolivia will spend significant time on this side - - time enough to develop compassion for the people on this side and question her marching orders maybe? just a thought...

This time, they should be one step ahead, not behind. Olivia should come back right away, capture Oliviate, impersonate her, use the typewriter and write "they are suspicious, I want to come back", and back in the alternate universe destroy Walternate's plans.

byxba

[25]Jun 3, 2010
    • level: 6

Just to put this out there:

Olivia and Altivia

Walter and Walternate

The first just sounds good and the second is from the show itself.

angelust34

[26]Jun 3, 2010
    • level: 9

The Fringe cast teases season 3 if you wanna watch it. Smile

Cortexifan

[27]Jun 6, 2010
    • level: 7

On Fringe Wiki it says Sep 16th. I know it's still too long. They're also doing a count down which I miss on Fringe Home. Since Fringe Home website has changed I don't like it as much anymore.

Hope that helps.

historylover20

[28]Jun 6, 2010
    • level: 28

Cortexifan, great name!

Kat

JasonGOrtiz

[30]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 5

sramv9 wrote:

I keep thinking we might not know the whole truth about young Peter's 'abduction' all those years ago - as we've observed, Walter's memory is pretty untrustworthy. Maybe he is not as guilty as it would seem. I would love to see Walter get some redemption.

Also, I'm wondering about Peter in last part of the finale. Someone mentioned he didn't seem too worked up about finding out the news about Walternate's evil scheming and having to leave the Alt Universe where his real mother resides.... That got me wondering if he's hiding something. Like - could he be working with the other side? No that's just crazy, right?

I thought that too. I kept thinking "what does he know that we don't?" If that was me and I just found out that my real father from an alternate universe was using me to power a superweapon to destroy the universe that I now call home and all of this after I find out that the man I always thought was my real father actually stole me and claimed me as his own, I'd lose my cool and get totally pissed. (By the way how great is this show that when discussing it I can write a sentence as absurd as that last one and it all makes sense! Gotta love Fringe.) Anyway, it all made me stop and think that Peter is privy to some info that the audience hasn't been clued in on yet.

historylover20

[32]Jun 14, 2010
    According to Michael Ausiello, the producers are looking for a middle-aged woman (50s or 60s) to play Olivia's alt-Mom in a 4-episode arc. So, it sounds like Olivia will be in the other universe for AT LEAST 4 episodes.

Kat

t-mac1111

[34]Jun 15, 2010
    • level: 1

Personally I think Peter will discover Altivia and it won't be the way they hint (the tatoo) it will be the fact she doesn't drink because we all know Olivia loves her scotch

I also think it'll happen in the premiere and the first couple episodes will be them over there trying to find and rescue olivia.

Oh! Undecided this just hit me what if nick and his girlfriend aren't dead I mean you never see their bodies, even though you do after the chick explodes in season 1

Mav_33

[35]Jun 15, 2010
    • level: 5
    So I was just thinking about the last episode and then something interesting occured to me. JJ also did ALIAS right...at the end of season 2 she has finally gotten together with her male lead and then is mysteriously kidnapped...sound familiar....well i liked how they worked that whole out so I have high hopes for Fringe as well.

FinaidMc

[36]Jun 16, 2010

The whole alternate universe made a whole lot more sense when I was watching the show than reading forums about it.

I don't think any of the main characters will discover Altivia. The whole last two episodes I kept noticing that Altivia was wearing bright coloured jumpers ie red and blue. As Sam Weiss (Olivia's bowling buddy) pointed out, she doesn't wear primary colours. To me this seems like one of those tiny details that turns out to be significant. No one else seems to have thought of it though so it's very possible I'm the only one who read anything into it. Still, if I spent as much time with Olivia as Peter does and she suddenly started wearing something other than black, navy and white all the time, I think I'd notice.

One thing I most definately don't want to happen next season is for the Walter-Peter relationship to be all strained and tense for a long period. Most of my favourite moment in the show are when they are interacting and I don't want the writers to lose the humour so they can develop Peter's character and make him all angsty.

historylover20

[37]Jun 17, 2010

I think Walter and Peter's relationship will be very strained at first. Think of how their relationship was in early season 1. However, I don't think it'll be strained for long. Peter indicated his willingness to get over it (he doesn't agree with Walter's decision to kidnap him, but he "crossed universes twice to save [Peter] so that's got to count for something.")

Weiss might figure out altLivia, but that doesn't mean that he's going to tell anyone. I think he's also playing his own game. Remember the glyph and the anagram on the chalkboard in "Over There 2"? The anagram came back "Don't trust Sam Weiss." That anagram was so unusual that fans pointed it out immediately after the show aired and immediately started to figure out what it means. After all, these are the same fans who figured out what the glyphs mean. I hate anagrams--I'm not good with them. But, this is the only thing that makes sense.

And I think it's a clue to next season--don't trust Sam Weiss. I kind of think that's obvious. He knows more than he's saying. Also, considering that Nina was the one who recommended him to Olivia--and no one fully trusts Nina (I don't think Broyles even trusts Nina.)

I still think it's going to be Walter or Ella who figures Olivia out. The childlike minds. Peter may think her being weird is related to their kiss. (Remember how he thought she was being weird was related to their date?)

Kat

Edited on 06/17/2010 6:10am

AngelicaJones

[38]Jun 17, 2010
    • level: 3

FinaidMc wrote:

One thing I most definately don't want to happen next season is for the Walter-Peter relationship to be all strained and tense for a long period. Most of my favourite moment in the show are when they are interacting and I don't want the writers to lose the humour so they can develop Peter's character and make him all angsty.

And what is so wrong with Peter being angsty? It shows that he has feelings like everyone else. Why is it okay for Walter and Olivia to be all depressed and whatnot while Peter is just the funny guy and not have a care in the world? Come on, he is MORE than that.

Peter deserves to be pissed off for once. he is not here just for comic relief. We have dealt with an entire season of Walter being depressed due to the secret, Olivia found out about the secret and is now stuck in the alternate universe while Peter's feelings were put on the backburner. Its not fair to make him the funny guy just because YOU like the Walter-Peter relationship. Peter has feelings, too unless you forgotten that.

Peter is not here just to make snarky comments towards Walter. Peter is more than the sidekick/son that the audience makes him out to be.

Edited on 06/17/2010 7:21am
    Edited 3 total times.

FinaidMc

[39]Jun 17, 2010

AngelicaJones wrote:

FinaidMc wrote:

. Its not fair to make him the funny guy just because YOU like the Walter-Peter relationship. Peter has feelings, too unless you forgotten that.

No need to start a whole personal attack on me. All I said was that I didn't want it to be that way for a long time. I just don't want it to be a season long arc that only gets resolved in the last few episodes. Of course he's allowed to have feeling but part of his character is also that he is a funny guy so I don't want him to be suddenly altered because he's mad at Walter. And is it really such a bad thing that I liked watching their father-son bond grow over the last two seasons?