Fringe Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Why is alternate Broyal's still alive???

pinot10

[1]Jan 5, 2013
    • level: 5

Hey all

I am catching up on the 4th season of Fringe now and just finished watching the 9th episode. While i understand now how alternate Broyals is still alive (as i assume he is a shape shifter)after getting killed in season 3 while helping Oliva cross over back to her universe my question is does it explain in later episodes why Walternate does not suspect him of being a shape shifter as, if memory serves, was the one that killed alternate Broyals in the first place.

Thanx

Edited on 01/05/2013 5:07am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CharmedOneP391

[2]Jan 5, 2013
    • level: 19

Season 4 takes place in an Alternate Timeline where both Peter's died. So that moment in Season 3 where Alt-Broyles was killed and exchanged for Fauxlivia, never happened in the new timeline.

They never fully explain what happened instead. But they kept him alive for a reason. Kind of reversed his character from the original timeline.

Edited on 01/05/2013 7:57am

pinot10

[3]Jan 5, 2013
    • level: 5
    Ah thanx for that. I had a feeling that could be one of the reasons why he is still alive. However saying that in this timeline, Oliva was still trapped in the alternate universe and the alternate Oliva taking her place for some time. Therefore the question is how did she escape without the help of alternate Broyals????

Lccf

[4]Jan 11, 2013
    • level: 13
    IIRC, it's said in the dialogue : Fauxlivia was unmasked, was made prisoner, and released in exchange for Olivia's return ( kinda what they had planned to do at the end of "Entrada" before Olivia and alt-Broyles took matters in their hands ).

Dec1964

[5]Jan 12, 2013
    • level: 33

Well i know that Broyles is still alive & he is "The Dove".

Edited on 01/12/2013 4:18pm
    Edited 2 total times.