Fringe

Inner Child

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Apr 07, 2009 on FOX

• The Mysterious boy.

This week a little bald, pale boy is found living in a creepy cellar that has been closed off for 70 years. The fringe group meets him and the boy and Olivia connects in a special way. The boy doesn't eat or talk but he helps Olivia solve a serial killer case, writing down names and locations upside down. Turns out that the fringe group isn't alone in their interest for the boy, CIA want's to take him to a special facility and use him as some sort of lab rat.We hear the CIA agent talk on the phone, saying "we found another one". Olivia doesn't like this at all. With the help of a doctor and Broyles she makes sure that the CIA can't get to him, sending him off to "a nice family". In the end we see the boy locking eyes with The Observer who then walks away.

The mystery of the boy isn't explained for us in this episode which is a big disappointment for me. It's pretty obvious from the start that he is a little observer. As we seen in previous episodes, they have special abilities and doesn't age, at least not as fast as humans do. I feel very disappointed that the fringe group didn't make a connection to The Observer, they are supposed to be super smart!?

The serial killer was just a regular crazy person, someone you can find on every cop show out there, boring. Necessary for the little observer story but boring. Next time, more focus on the boy. I want to know more about the observers, maybe there's a bald mommy observer somewhere?? Who are they, where do the come from, why are they watching??

Despite everything written above I really enjoyed this episode, the boy actor is very talented and I hope to see more of him in the future.

PS. Olivia's niece is supposed to be 4 on the show!? She looks like my sister who just turned 7. Crazy.